Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #196
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I have just written and completed a story about how much I hate the facile, peurile and sickeningly celebrity-focused publishing industry (especially Random House, you die Random House, you go and die!). Oooh that rage was good. The story is called That Sudoko Thing and is about last wishes, stupid readers and stupider writers
It can be downloaded from where?

The world is made up of all kinds... I don't "get" reality TV (rehab, I can sing/dance, design, model, etc). This, of course, my co-workers just don't understand. They look at me like I am out of touch with "reality" when I can't discuss the latest episode, etc.

So, what happened to your Avatar? Love the siggie vid. (didn't see the movie, but read the book long ago)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #197
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
It can be downloaded from where?

The world is made up of all kinds... I don't "get" reality TV (rehab, I can sing/dance, design, model, etc). This, of course, my co-workers just don't understand. They look at me like I am out of touch with "reality" when I can't discuss the latest episode, etc.

So, what happened to your Avatar? Love the siggie vid. (didn't see the movie, but read the book long ago)

I hate reality TV with a passion, so you're not alone I wrote a story about it last year called The Butterfly Passion of Contestant X, after watching a particularly humiliating clip from one of those 'talent' shows.

I am currently searching for an avatar that sums up both my disdain fro the modern publishing industry but at the same time gently reminds everyone to support indie authors. I think I may have to create one, maybe a fist holding a quill, something like that
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #198
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
I have just written and completed a story about how much I hate the facile, peurile and sickeningly celebrity-focused publishing industry (especially Random House, you die Random House, you go and die!). Oooh that rage was good. The story is called That Sudoko Thing and is about last wishes, stupid readers and stupider writers
Sounds good, but you realise that if Random House dies anytime soon it's going to make you a prime suspect.

Quote:
They look at me like I am out of touch with "reality"
There are several realities. If you want to touch more than one, you have to be a bit out of touch with them all. I'm sure your co-workers would understand if you explained to them that you'd just popped off to another plain of existence for a bit, and would be right back. Erm, maybe not.

Quote:
I don't "get" reality TV
I'm a big fan of this really good High Definition reality TV show that I get broadcast straight to my living room. It's called a "window."

And in answer to the thread...

I've just started writing another novella, which explores the logical consequences of what might happen if the Sun ever turned out to be pure evil. I'm not quite sure what it's going to look like by the end, but this is where the story starts.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #199
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post

I've just started writing another novella, which explores the logical consequences of what might happen if the Sun ever turned out to be pure evil. I'm not quite sure what it's going to look like by the end, but this is where the story starts.
I like the sound of that one Once you get a title, I will gladly do a cover (if you want a cover that is)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #200
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
There are several realities. If you want to touch more than one, you have to be a bit out of touch with them all. I'm sure your co-workers would understand if you explained to them that you'd just popped off to another plain of existence for a bit, and would be right back. Erm, maybe not.
Certainly didn't help with MY workmates.

Quote:
I'm a big fan of this really good High Definition reality TV show that I get broadcast straight to my living room. It's called a "window."
Huh. There you go. My "window" signal has degraded horribly in the last few months.

Quote:
Well, that could make photosynthesis interesting...
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #201
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They'd probably think I was experiencing a 60's flashback.

Quote:
I get that same channel.. although I tend to lose signal strength towards evening.

Quote:
That sounds like a story line I haven't encountered before.. Waiting for more..
Old 08-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #202
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Currently i'm working on a series of three science fiction short stories called "Gray", "Green" and "Thallo's return".
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Currently working on a supernatural theological thriller (editing phase) and also a series of science adventures for children.
[QUOTE=sherryk_us;466922]Working title: Unethical Magic

Sherry King's Paranormal Romance Stories
Heroes and Lovers. Madmen and Monsters.
We're all a bit of each deep down.
[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Just wondering how it's going with these stories.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #203
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
ohh interesting thread

Currently working on a sci-fi/fantasy novella/novel, not quite sure how long it will be yet.

Based around the lives and multiple deaths of two immortal lovers, their punishment for the crimes committed against the human race, and ultimately their attempt to become truly repentant in order to break the thirty year punishment cycles. All with a lovely twist that I would rather not give away.

I’m not a particularly good writer (as you will see if you visited my website), but I have a great imagination and I try hard

Richie
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #204
AnnaM
Enthusiast
AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnnaM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm working on the third book in a series of western romances. The first is available for 99 cents:

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

AnnaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #205
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just finished and posted Denial of Service. Enjoy!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #206
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm mostly working on my realtime blogfic, [Linke deleted - MODERATOR]the Apocalypse Blog[/url]. It is managing to suck up almost all of my time outside of work.

I have a novel bubbling away in the background that I'll get around to editing properly at some point. Scifi, crime, assassins. Fun for all the family! Sorta.

Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 AM   #207
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I enjoyed 30 Days of Night immensely, along with Let the Right One In, they were two of my favorite films over the last few years. Strangely enough, I didn't like the comics at all (not a big comic fan to start with) and I thought the novel spinoff was terrible.

And to your other point, it all depends on what type of writer the original poster is. For a lot of writers that is all they'll need and no more than a page at most. Some don't even have that before they start writing (Stephen King, I'm looking at you)
Oh dear lord, they so slaughtered "Let the right one in" in movieformat. John Ajvide Lindqvists book is so much better. But I think his latest book is the best one yet. afaik it's not translated to english yet though.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #208
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've managed two whole episodes of an utterly Aussie mystery-maybe-thriller miniserial called Dropbear. For international folk who might not get the joke, a dropbear is a mythical carnivorous koala which attacks tourists by dropping out of trees onto their heads
Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #209
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I've managed two whole episodes of an utterly Aussie mystery-maybe-thriller miniserial called Dropbear. For international folk who might not get the joke, a dropbear is a mythical carnivorous koala which attacks tourists by dropping out of trees onto their heads
I just read the first two chapters of Dropbear on your homepage.... Looks interesting... so, go write more of them, now! scoot! (makes shooing gestures)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #210
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I just read the first two chapters of Dropbear on your homepage.... Looks interesting... so, go write more of them, now! scoot! (makes shooing gestures)
Slave-driver! I just wrote that last chapter, AFTER working all day and then wrangling a toddler! And then I waded thru crocodile-infested swamp to get home.... (ok, that last bit's a SLITE exaggeration)