Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Lon Gnome
Lon Gnome began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
eBook Software Only Opens in Library, Used to Open in eBook Store

Hi, all. I tried to find this issue addressed in the forums before posting but I didn't see it. If someone else has previously addressed it and I missed it, I apologize.

Until a couple of days ago, my eBook software always opened in the eBook store. Now, whenever I open it, it always opens in the eBook Library. I don't know what changed and I don't seem to be able to make the software open up in the eBook store again. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get to the eBook store. Has anybody seen this before and does anyone have any idea how I get back to opening up in the eBook store? My reader is a PRS-505 and I'm using Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2. Thanks for any help!
Lon Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum Lon Gnome.

If you have a toolbar on the left of the screen then click the ebook store option.
If that has vanished (- it sometimes does) then look for an inconspicuous arrow somewhere on the screen - probably on the left-hand side. Click on it and the toolbar should reappear. Then click on the ebook store option.

I hope this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Lon Gnome
Lon Gnome began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Thanks for the response, Patricia, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I am still having problems. My toolbar on the left of the screen appears to have vanished. I think I found the arrow that is supposed to be on the left of the screen and clicked on it, but the toolbar did not reappear. I should point out that I have reinstalled the software but that did not help.

Still looking for solutions,

Lon
Lon Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
This is very mysterious.
Unless anyone else has any idea about what's going on here, it is probably time to call Sony for advice.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Gnome View Post
I should point out that I have reinstalled the software but that did not help.
I guess you could try uninstalling it and then deleting the Sony folder from the local settings area and program files areas of your computer and then reinstalling in case it's not deleting some kind of preferences file when you reinstall.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 AM   #6
LeighleyUK47
LeighleyUK47 doesn't litterLeighleyUK47 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I guess you could try uninstalling it and then deleting the Sony folder from the local settings area and program files areas of your computer and then reinstalling in case it's not deleting some kind of preferences file when you reinstall.
Hi

I have virtually the same issue, the toolbar on left has disappeared and i cant run the software properly (see my thread on "half screen missing" in troubleshooting) so am looking for answers and will post if find anything.

The only thing i can think of is that i have deleted something within Windows XP or SP3 deleted something but dont know enough to check this out!
LeighleyUK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
Stanrod
Stanrod began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 PRS700
Try to uninstall the software and delete some extra folders fro your hard drive, you can find how to do it on esupport.sony.com, then reinstall, It solved my problem.
Stanrod is offline   Reply With Quote