Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Latest software and loading CM7 from SD card

Has anyone who uses an SD card to root installed the latest 1.2 software upgrade?

Just wondering if running off SD card is still good and that nothing in the upgrade makes problems.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Has anyone who uses an SD card to root installed the latest 1.2 software upgrade?

Just wondering if running off SD card is still good and that nothing in the upgrade makes problems.
Yes, no issue whatsoever - just remove the SD card before flashing. I am running CM7 on SD.
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Thanks
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Are there any clear instructions for installing CM7 to the device itself over 1.2?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Are there any clear instructions for installing CM7 to the device itself over 1.2?
It would have to be rooted and AFAIK, there is no root yet for 1.2 - probably be a few days for the XDA geniuses to work it out. But, why not just run CM7 from an SD Card - get the best of all with a dual-boot system.

Last edited by emt; 04-25-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
If you want to overwrite the B&N Nook system with CM7 there is no need to root the Nook before doing so. Just follow these instructions:
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor:_Cyano...l_Installation
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Now running CM7. Thanks for the help. There was no need to root.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Now running CM7. Thanks for the help. There was no need to root.
Way to go!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
If you want to overwrite the B&N Nook system with CM7 there is no need to root the Nook before doing so. Just follow these instructions:
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor:_Cyano...l_Installation
Love this. I'm doing this tonight. Unrooted mine, installed update, it's ok, and now I want my stuff back. :P
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
I can't see anyone going from CM7 to stock. I backed up my setup and reverted to stock, updated to 1.2 and... Meh... I restored my CM7 backup. If I'd never rooted I'd be happy with the update I suppose, but CM7 has changed all the rules.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
So now that you've put CM7 on it, what reader do you use, and is it easy to get them on there from Calibre?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So now that you've put CM7 on it, what reader do you use, and is it easy to get them on there from Calibre?
See:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/calibre-...breLibrary.apk

although I have not used nor installed that app.

I do use FBreader - it has all the useful features (such as black screen with white type for night reading) - and it is what I used on my Palm years ago:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/fbreader...ary.ui.android

In my case, I use the Samba Filesharing app to move files from my laptop to my NOOKcolor. It creates a password-protected wifi connection to your NC, and then you can use Windows Explorer to move things to your SD card, without removing it from the Nook:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/samba-fi...nkyfresh.samba
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Nothing has changed as far as Calibre is concerned. The only thing now is that it identifies the SD card as "Main" and the 5 GB user partition as "SD A." But that doesn't change functionality, it can still send books to the Nook by USB connection.

I use Moon+ Pro.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Ok thanks. Ima still on the fence. I think for a reader Id use Aldiko, but will wait until there is an auto nooter for this latest one.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #15
jyl
Enthusiast
jyl began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK, JE200
hi everyone! I'm currently running cm7 on sd card, but my problem is, my sd card isn't recognized by my pc. when i plug the cable in, the pc (windows 7 os) only recognizes the internal memory. Do you have any idea why it does this? Does it have anything to do with my brother doing the cm7 install in a mac?

Another thing, can we update the version of cm7 even if it's on the sd card? if so, how?

thanks!
jyl is offline   Reply With Quote