Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #121
telemetrics
telemetrics began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
Lightbulb [Plugin Request] eBook Content (Deep) Search Plugin

A plugin that can read the contents of every ebook for a string that the user is searching for. This can be narrowed to some tags/collections. Optionally user should be able to create an Search Index file for every ebook so that the plugin does not have to open and read every file and has a preprocessed BTree type index. This indexing can be a batch process which users can run on a nightly basis or while adding a new ebook to the library.
telemetrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #122
telemetrics

Lightbulb [Plugin Request] BitTorrent Integration

A suggestion - Allow the capability to store an Torrent file along with the ebook. This way we could have the Caliber folder shared with a BitTorrent client and keep the sharing on.

Also we could have an option to Export a one or many ebooks as a torrent file and add it to a BitTorrent client folder.
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #123
telemetrics

Lightbulb [Plugin Request] Content Library/Portfolio Valuation

This is just a fun plugin that I though would be a nice addition. This plugin would go to Amazon and B&N Website for every ebook you have in the library and get the Published Price for them. Add the total and see how much is your ebook library worth :-)

Capability mark to market it your ebooks and see your networth just like a stock portfolio. :-)
Old 04-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #124
telemetrics

Lightbulb [Plugin Request] Remote Content Server in PHP

Create a simple PHP website which can be hosted on a webspace. Calibre synchronizes with this website automatically without having to have a public IP and host the Content Server yourself.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #125
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrics View Post
Create a simple PHP website which can be hosted on a webspace. Calibre synchronizes with this website automatically without having to have a public IP and host the Content Server yourself.
Already exists:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104188
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #126
telemetrics

@Idolse Superb. I will start using it. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #127
Chilledgeeza
Chilledgeeza began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Last page read ...

as a complete newb to calibre ( running a pc with XP o/s ) i was wondering if there is a plug-in which opens the last book read at last page read? I have aldiko on my samsung galaxy europa phone which has this facility and thought it might be a good addition to calibre. If this already exists on this forum, please forgive me as the technical talk batters my head :-s thanks in advance for any replies.
Chilledgeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #128
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilledgeeza View Post
as a complete newb to calibre ( running a pc with XP o/s ) i was wondering if there is a plug-in which opens the last book read at last page read?
There is no plugin, but if you open any book in calibre's viewer there is now a history of recent books opened via the dropdown arrow to the right of the open ebook feature. As long as you have the Remember current page when quitting option set then the any book opened will open at the last page you were on.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #129
CCarrot
2 lzy 2 update this...
CCarrot began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Lightbulb Metadata 'filters' on import

Hello all,

Thought I'd throw this idea out to the big brains on these boards.

I think it would be excellent if we could set up 'filters' when we ask calibre to batch-fetch metadata from multiple sources. By 'filters' I mean:

1) Enable / disable 'overwrite existing',
The idea is that if you have some metadata filled in for a certain group of books in a batch (ISBN, e.g., or Summary) it won't overwrite that data, but will fill in the blanks, as it were, from the first source that has those blanks filled...include or exclude 'covers' with this, and it could be a quick way to find those missing covers without overwriting your existing covers (I know, one can search for "cover:false", do a "Download covers only" and get the same thing, so that's less innovative...)

2) Enable / disable 'filter to existing tags'.
So often when I import metadata, it clutters up my nicely arranged tags list with tags that others like/use but I find irritating ('sf' for 'Science Fiction', for example) If this theoretical filter were enabled, it would only import and apply tags that match one of my existing tags. This could also be made case-sensitive or case-insensitive at the user's discretion, with a case-mixed match being converted to the case of the existing tag (e.g., science fiction -> Science Fiction). One could even expand the usefulness of this filter by allowing the user to add / edit 'plugboards' for tags that aren't in their taglist but are popular (e.g., 'sci-fi' -> 'Science Fiction', or even 'sf_adv' -> 'Science Fiction', 'Adventure'). It seems that kiwidude has come close to this with his Goodreads Metadata plugin, but as far as I can tell that uses a hard coded list instead of matching to the user's own taglist, and (i believe) only applies the filtering to tag imports from the one site...

I know not what I ask, not being conversant in the world of programming, I just think it could be useful from the user's point of view...and there seem to be an awful lot of smart beans on these here forums!

thx,
cc
CCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #130
CCarrot
2 lzy 2 update this...
CCarrot began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post

I'll add a couple more plugin ideas here so I don't forget them...
  • I mentioned on another thread an idea for a "Tag Cleaner". It would use a similar approach to that in the Goodreads Metadata download plugin of defining a mapping between input tags and tags you want to use in your library. You would have a gui allowing you to customise and control which tags map to each and discard any you do not have a mapping for. It would work across metadata sources (including the ability to remap the Goodreads tags) as you would do it as a separate step after your normal Ctrl+D download. So if you are frustrated with getting a dozen variants of "sci-fi, scifi, science fiction" this would automatically resolve them rather than manually retyping the tags yourself.
Sorry kiwidude, looks like you were thinking along these lines already! (see my previous post)

would be an awesome idea...that's my $0.02.

cc
CCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #131
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Stanza plugin: Mark read items then delete from Stanza

I prefer to read from Stanza rather than ibooks or Goodreader for the control over layout, ease of importing and having epub and PDF.

I have no idea if this even possible but I thought I would ask........

When books are sent to Stanza via itunes .......

1. Add the series information after the title (I can do this for itunes but not stanza. Unless I am doing something wrong.....)

2. After a book is read on Stanza, a check-mark appears. The ability to somehow note the completion of the book in Calibre.

3. If possible to then remove completed book from Stanza.

Why? I transfer books to multiple devices (e.g. phone, ipads and readers). Some are for me, others for my kids. Currently, the only way I know which books have been read is to manually go through Stanza looking for the checkmarks. The ability to plug in and have the data transferred would be a huge convenience.

Even if this is not possible, thank you for all of the other wonderful plugins!

Last edited by Debby; 04-25-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: correction
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #132
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Author metainfo

I'm thinking about creating a 'meta author' plugin.

I think about the following functions:
Create an info-screen about the author (wiki-links, born, died, most recent work, known for, picture)
Create an alternate list (AKA, full name dr. Merry, dr.Merry, Dr-Merry)
Create preferred name (DrMerry - Preferred name == Folder name)
Create different name (Charles Dickens [1812 English author], Charles Dickens [1970 pseudo for ...])

Does someone have interest in a plugin like this.
Has someone been doing something like this, is it possible to build such a plugin for Calibre (0.8) or are there functional problems that prevent it?

Last edited by drMerry; 04-29-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added title
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #133
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I prefer to read from Stanza rather than ibooks or Goodreader for the control over layout, ease of importing and having epub and PDF.

I have no idea if this even possible but I thought I would ask........

When books are sent to Stanza via itunes .......

1. Add the series information after the title (I can do this for itunes but not stanza. Unless I am doing something wrong.....)

2. After a book is read on Stanza, a check-mark appears. The ability to somehow note the completion of the book in Calibre.

3. If possible to then remove completed book from Stanza.

Why? I transfer books to multiple devices (e.g. phone, ipads and readers). Some are for me, others for my kids. Currently, the only way I know which books have been read is to manually go through Stanza looking for the checkmarks. The ability to plug in and have the data transferred would be a huge convenience.

Even if this is not possible, thank you for all of the other wonderful plugins!
I do not think this is practical as there is no standard way to get at books that are to be sent to Stanza via iTunes. iTunes exposes an interface for iBooks, but not one for any third party reader. That is why Calibre currently has built-in integration to iBooks, but not to Stanza. Of course I would love to be proved wrong
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #134
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post

Does someone have interest in a plugin like this.
Yes, I would. And if it's possible with a full title list of this author.
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #135
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post

I think about the following functions:
Create an info-screen about the author (wiki-links, born, died, most recent work, known for, picture)
That would be great. A place to store all kinds of infos about an author.
I'd love to see that.

(When you think of it, calibre can do everything about a book. But what about those "poor" authors :-)
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development