Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #211
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelesquirol View Post
I wonder if it will be possible to generate on Calibre a list of books of certain authors, even if I don't have the books. It would be nice for future shops, and wishlists... or just to know al ittle more about each author. It could automatially download the information from the same source it downloads covers and meta data.
Add Empty (books with no format) books is already an ADD BOOKS option.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #212
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a number of electronic magazines that have ISSN numbers associated with them. My life would be easier if Calibre did at least one fo the following:

1. Sourced from worldcat.org for issn numbers - scraped publisher, title, document type, and oclc.
2. If there was a way to alias an issn, Each month when I add an issue I have to go look up the magazine issn number. Either an alias that could be typed in or, even better, a button that would pop up a small window with a name associated to it.
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #213
miguelesquirol
miguelesquirol began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Add Empty (books with no format) books is already an ADD BOOKS option.
I know I can add books, but I was wondering about a plugin that creates automatically the empty books according author biographies.
miguelesquirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #214
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
How about plugins that pull metadata from arbookfind for ar points and rating info from commonsensemedia.org? Would those be possible?
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #215
Caleb666
Zealot
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
I had an idea for a plugin that facilitates tagging your books with BISAC codes .

Basically, it would create a custom column called "BISAC" and will allow you with an easy to use GUI (I wonder if one can programmatically add another tab to the Edit Metadata dialog?) to add BISAC codes, separated by commas.
Then, you can use the plugin to populate another column using the BISAC hierarchy. For example, if you have a custom Genre(s) column, then for every book, the plugin would translate the BISAC codes into hierarchical strings (e.g. History.General, Fiction.Myster.etc...).

Using these standardized genres will make it easy for people like me who aren't aware of good category names and want a standardized way of cataloguing their books.

Is there anyone that might be interested in something like this?
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 AM   #216
Drumm
Enthusiast
Drumm began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color(CM10), NookTouch & Meadiacom 850i
Is there a plugin or option within Calibre to sysc meta data on my reader after I update the metada in calibre without having to recopy everything? Automatic update (as an option) when I attach the device would be cool, but an option under the device button would be fine as well.

Thanks
Drumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #217
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumm View Post
Is there a plugin or option within Calibre to sysc meta data on my reader after I update the metada in calibre without having to recopy everything? Automatic update (as an option) when I attach the device would be cool, but an option under the device button would be fine as well.
I have Sony devices and if I go to preferences - sending books to devices and set metadata management to Automatic management it does exactly what your asking. I don't know if any other device plugin uses this feature as thoroughly as the Sony devices do.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #218
Drumm
Enthusiast

Thanks, its on the Nook Color plugin as well, for somereason I thought it was something else. Yeah, duh. Now to see if it really works.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #219
Drumm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I have Sony devices and if I go to preferences - sending books to devices and set metadata management to Automatic management it does exactly what your asking. I don't know if any other device plugin uses this feature as thoroughly as the Sony devices do.
I gave it a try and that didn't seem to do anything. Not sure why. I guess i will have to go back to remove and add to get the metadata updated. Annoying, but not terribly so.

THanks for your help!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #220
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I gave it a try and that didn't seem to do anything. Not sure why.
This section was originally created for Sony devices to accommodate those that use the Sony software too. I'm not sure how many (if any) other device plugin developers have fully integrated these features into their device plugins.

Quote:
I guess i will have to go back to remove and add to get the metadata updated. Annoying, but not terribly so.
Annoying, but it works.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #221
Drumm
Enthusiast

Well, didn't work so well, everything looked good the first couple of times I used it, then suddenly all the books have 2 copies showing up. I think it will be uninstall, and reinstall or perhaps look for another reader.

It is frustrating that most things android have very little if any documentation.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #222
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Smile Set font

I don't know if this can be done as a plugin or must be a part of calibre but it would be really nice to be able to set the font for the book and the metadata when doing conversions.

I have a lot of old .lit files I'm trying to get organized and conversions to mobi seem to produce a more attractive font than conversions directly to epub. When the option to include metadata in the front of the book is checked the metadata is always in a sans-serif font using epub but in mobi will be in a serif font. I haven't found anything in the settings to change this so if this option is already available please let me know.

It would also be great to have the option to indent the first line of a paragraph.

Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #223
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
I have just wished for a tool on those lines in the ePub Forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148542

As I remark there, The necessary individual components already exist...
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #224
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Find titles in Omnibus/Collection

First. this is an idea for a Plugin, which would work only for someone like myself, who stores a record of Omnibus/Short Stories Collection contents
Mine is in the Comments field for readability, and picked either from wikipedia (fast) or the book itself (slow, and at times unavailable -- those badly formatted books without any kind of TOC!!)
My notion would be:
  1. Do a search +/- restrictions
  2. Option In --> Show
    STAND ALONES-----|-----OMNIBUS/COLLECTION

Title1----------------|-----TitleA
    -----------------------|-----TitleB
    Title2----------------|-----TitleA
    ----------------------|-----TitleC
  3. Option Contains --> Show
    OMNIBUS/COLLECTION-|-----STAND ALONES

Title1 --------------------|-----TitleA
    ----------------------------|-----TitleB
    Title2 --------------------|-----TitleA
    ----------------------------|-----TitleC
Besides allowing to adequately [tag] the finds,
It would give an easy way to cleanup/retain the stand-alone version of a book/short story ... or to determine whether you have *all* the high-quality contents of a poor-quality collection, and should attempt a new version of same...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #225
carmenchu
Groupie

Wink On already esisting tools...

Foolow copy of my new post in epub Forum: Moderator may delete and/or substitute for limk, but I think it si quite relevant to the topic:
After some searching for references/playing with under-used tools:
  1. 7-zip has a feature View --> 2 panels allowing to browse separately to 2 different compressed files, and look at them as folders: and it recognizes .epub! (file header versus extension).
    Thus, open each ePub on a different pane, open META-INF, OEBPS and subfolders, and do a first comparison.
    Each single file can be double-clicked to default associated program ... or sent to default editor (notepad, SciTe...)
    DRAWBACK: have tried to call either WinDiff or WinMerge (option configure Diff program) and both rejected the path to the temp files -- maybe some further configuring needed?
  2. WinMerge, after some configuration (exportable, can be provided as example) did the job as well ... through 7-zip plugin (can be downloaded and installed from the program, if absent from the distribution).
    ADVANTAGE: Automatic call to compare files present in both ePubs, with quite sophisticated comparison options -- also a Merge ... but use at own risk!
    DRAWBACK: nothing to do with files in only one folder, even if you suspect foo.xhtml to be an alias for bar.htm, or the lacking fragment in one of two files just compared...
    MORE: WinMerge has plugins (.dll) for MSOffice and OpenOffice documents: why not for ePub??

Would priogramming guru take the thing in hand?

Anyway, some level of comparison is available...
Now, the question being to compare two bokks already in Calibre library(-ies), or one in to one ready to be added -- can, for example, OpenWith be congured to send them both to 7-zip or WinMerge -- for instance, sking for only the second path?
That would be useful, and a step in the right direction, methinks!
And it can be used as well for ,zip, .htmz and .textz...

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development