Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Orwell, George: 1984 - v1 - 30 May 07

Tenth and absolute final Orwell. I know I said this about the ninth book too.

I had not planned on posting this as it was included in the initial load of books on the Sony Reader but Uncle Duke asked for it so I have posted it for everyone.

This, along with Animal Farm, are the twin peaks of Orwell's writing fame.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Nineteen Eighty-Four.lrf (322.4 KB, 2867 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
thank you, quick service too, now for the next row of books on my shelves
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wasn't this one of the sample Sony Reader books?
But I bet there's no comparison. Thanks!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
DNel
DNel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
Wasn't this one of the sample Sony Reader books?
But I bet there's no comparison. Thanks!
I just got the Sony eReader a couple of days ago, and 1984 was one of the samples. While reading it, I was amazed at all the typos in the sample. I plan on replacing it with this download.
DNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNel View Post
I just got the Sony eReader a couple of days ago, and 1984 was one of the samples. While reading it, I was amazed at all the typos in the sample. I plan on replacing it with this download.
I hate to say this, but if the Project Gutenberg source has the typos, then this one might also have them as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
DNel

The Sony eReader came with Orwell's 1984 from Rosettabooks. I don't know if they got it from Project Gutenberg.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
This, along with Animal Farm, are the twin peaks of Orwell's writing fame.
Homage to Catalonia?
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
DNel

I just compared the two versions of 1984. The one from Sony (Rosettabooks) is full of spelling errors (tune for time, buh for him, etc.) These are not found in the Project Gutenberg version. Thanks for a much better version!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Homage to Catalonia?
http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1260

I would say Burmese Days instead: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1209
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote