Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Anyone know of alternative to Sony Software and Calibre?

Since downloading the latest sony software, I've had no end of problems with it, the worst being that it crashes every two minutes!

So I've tried using Calibre, which really mucks up my collections.

I loved the older Sony software; it's a shame that Sony don't archive it. I've tried searching for previous versions via google, but have not had any luck.

Anyone know of alternative ways to load books to my prs 505? I mostly have freebies, so I'm not really concerned about being able to log on to the Sony site or "buy" books.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please see my post about finding the Sony archive. I'm going to bed a very contented BookCat.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
ebookapps
Enthusiast
ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookapps has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS–300, Sony PRS-505
Try alternative firmware from http://www.ebookapplications.com.
It is free, can read ePub, DjVu, PDF, fb2 and many other formats. It is also installs without deleting original Sony firmware so you can always get back to it.
ebookapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
If you are only using epub files you can always try adobe ADE.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Check the calibre forum regarding the latest release of calibre and Sony collections. There have been some recent changes.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J

Thanks. I've managed to find an archived version of the sony software which worked well for me. Means I can't download from sony, but most of the books I read are free anyway.

If you want to know how I did this:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55041
Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't use either calibre or the Sony software to load books onto my Sony or organize my collection. I just keep the books in folders (organized however I want) on my computer, and copy them directly onto an SD card to stick into the reader, or into the device's internal memory when connected via USB. Works fine for freebies.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
management, software, sony