Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #331
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Just bought my first book with my only coupon earned so far. Larry Correia's Hard Magic .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #332
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Just bought my first book with my only coupon earned so far. Larry Correia's Hard Magic .
I've just had a look at this book, looks intersting.

I've managed to get 3 so far, blew them all on getting the 3 Complete Hammer's Slammers volumes. 7 books and all the short stories for the cost of three vouchers, nice trade-off I think.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #333
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
A word of warning. Seems there's a bug currently that prevents you from purchasing new assets. You can buy the asset, but it gets stuck in the asset arm without you being able to move it to your main grid.

Might want to postpone purchasing assets till that's fixed. It's unclear how widespread it is. So far saw 3 reports of it.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #334
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
A word of warning. Seems there's a bug currently that prevents you from purchasing new assets. You can buy the asset, but it gets stuck in the asset arm without you being able to move it to your main grid.

Might want to postpone purchasing assets till that's fixed. It's unclear how widespread it is. So far saw 3 reports of it.
I had this, thought it might be related to my use of Firefox. Switched to Chrome and got the same issue, but when I switched to IE8 (not using compatibility option on the address bar) I managed to drag the asset to my grid.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #335
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
I've gotten four book codes but haven't used any yet. I planned to give some away to get friends to read the Deed of Paksenarrion but I've been turned down twice. Then I tried to get a serving marine who I know online only to read some Heinlein and couldn't get a bite, it's a topsy turvy world we live in.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #336
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've just had a look at this book, looks intersting.
His Monster Hunter series is terrific, so I'm hoping for good things from this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Quote:
I had this, thought it might be related to my use of Firefox. Switched to Chrome and got the same issue, but when I switched to IE8 (not using compatibility option on the address bar) I managed to drag the asset to my grid.
I'm using IE and haven't noticed the problem.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #337
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Tested in Firefox and Opera and they both have the problem. Fired up my old version of IE 7 and that works. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #338
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Wish I'd come here first; I hit the bug and surged all my points into money 'cos I knew I'd be running into problems if I couldn't get my new thorium reactors in place.

I'll move to IE.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #339
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
bliss on the way, since Im safe again

btw. Am I the only one upgrading pop between levels? in order to get mor e bucks per cycle?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #340
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Well, my Bliss loss crisis aversion was nice while it lasted. Now, I face a 9% loss with a dozen Energy outputs. Ugh!

The Energy/Pop ratio has been a thorn in my side since I started.

Last edited by theenframed; 05-04-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Thorny Issues
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #341
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
bliss on the way, since Im safe again

btw. Am I the only one upgrading pop between levels? in order to get mor e bucks per cycle?
I'm doing that--1800+ energy per radiation shield, 4100 per thorium reactor, means 200 pop per shield & 450 per reactor if I've got the surge points available.

I'm planning on selling off some older assets & picking up a few Doctor's Offices and Biomass Duplication Ovens to be able to get pop in values I can safely cover. And I'm sure I'll eventually hit the Cryocombs (2750 pop!) but I'm not that bold yet.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #342
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
i use gifts for that
saves surge points and still helps to proceed in smaller steps
pop gifts are 300 500 750 1100
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #343
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Anyone need any Bliss?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #344
Crusader
Space Cadet

Issue with asset buying has been fixed. I could use some population gifts if anyone has some spare. (MegaMan)
Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #345
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Anyone need any Bliss?
If you'd be so kind ...
i'm out of a deeper hole, but itching to level up. And that hits my energy... But I'll get lot more surge points to use on reactors.

Sent all my pop to MegaMan

Last edited by travger; 05-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote