Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
any good info for rom cooks? architecture, devices > drivers etc?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
lol vicinc, you can edit your posts in the future to add questions, it will keep it from making the thread too long...

And +1 for minicom lol(though I do like some others as well).
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #18
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I want it long and on the top!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
lol, okay, you can bump a thread if it gets too far down, but most of these threads stay pretty clost to the top anyway.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
Make it too long and people won't read it! It is always better to make this sort of topic short and to the point - that way anyone new coming to it can see what it is about without having to page through lots of one liners.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Just in case anyone wants more internal photos.
rvcullen posted a link to some he took in the archives.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
P-LOPZ
P-LOPZ began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Smile

I ran into a problem with my PE and accidentally flash the big edge firmware after editing the update.sh file to bypass the safety checks. Now I can get past 3 dots and the buttons do not respond (so no downgrade). This thread gives me hope that I can use the serial debug to fix it. If I read the thread right.
P-LOPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #23
vicinc
Guru

if you find out how? is your adb working? I am stucked to 3 dots but adb works and boots in lcd mode only, but no luck in upgrading/downgrading
Old 09-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
P-LOPZ
P-LOPZ began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
so sorry I just looked at my own post.

What I meant to say was I can't get past three dots and then the e-ink flashes rapidly. Sorry Vicinc.
P-LOPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #25
vicinc
Guru

is the adb working on yours.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #26
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTY View Post
Just opened my WSOD PE to look for the heat source that caused WSOD.
I took some pictures from the components and found debugging serial port that is jused for linux main console.
[/I]
How'd you open up the PE? I dropped mine a few weeks back and noticed now that when I open up the camera app the PE reboots. So, I'm guessing that something must be loose or something along those lines.

Thanks.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #27
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Only tangentially related . . . does anyone have a brokent PE that they've opened (or not), and found to be unfixable? If so, I've got a home waiting for the little plastic clip that holds the eink cable to the board socket . . .
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #28
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
How'd you open up the PE? I dropped mine a few weeks back and noticed now that when I open up the camera app the PE reboots. So, I'm guessing that something must be loose or something along those lines.

Thanks.
have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137889
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Thanks. I'll take a look
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #30
JohnX
JohnX began at the beginning.

Fantastic! My PE just arrived from woot today and I've been going nuts trying to find out how to get a uboot console without just flashing mtd partitions blind. Somehow I'd assumed I wouldn't be able to get a serial terminal without soldering wires to my shiny new toy (I'm more of a software guy. Soldering is my weak point ). Anyways, I'm happy to be wrong.

To anyone who's already done this: Did you use a USB->serial adapter? Will an actual standard PC serial port work or is there voltage conversion that needs to be done? I might not have a chance to work on this much until the weekend, but I want to be ready to dive into it at that point.

-John
JohnX is offline   Reply With Quote