Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
jimmypatrick
jimmypatrick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
New Kindle book, .08 more than hardback...

I was thinking about getting "The Quants" (0307453375). It comes out tomorrow in Hardback and Kindle-format. The kindle format is .08 more than the hardback. This is a Random House book, so it looks like everyone's gonna go for the higher prices. As far as I'm concerned they can whistle. I'm not paying more for the bits than I would for the book. I'll get it from the library.

Jimmy
jimmypatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Interesting -- both prices claim to be "46%" off but the Kindle price is the one that is exactly that percentage. I wonder if Amazon is applying a "round to the nearest 10 cents" algorithm to paper prices but not to ebooks?
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Wait a week or two after release and then compare. Ebooks usually drop in price a little bit.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote