Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #121
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The best way to clip the jacket onto the reader is to insert the reader with the jacket already closed. This way the pins are properly aligned (they are set at 90 degree intervals) and you can perform the process on a less than ideal surface, such as a concrete floor, without fear of scratching the reader's money face.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #122
htaylor
bookworm
htaylor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 and 505
If like me you are accidentally always pushing one of the ten buttons and losing your place, a rubber band around the reader next to the buttons and the same thickness or higher makes it much harder to do. It does however make the off/on switch a bit harder to operate

Last edited by htaylor; 09-10-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling
htaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htaylor View Post
If like me you are accidentally always pushing one of the ten buttons and losing your place, a rubber band around the reader next to the buttons and the same thickness or higher makes it much harder to do. It does however make the off/on switch a bit harder to operate
if you install the "go to page" hack then f you hit the number buttons nothing will hapen until you either do a page turn or hit enter to go to that page. No more hitting the number button and off to some other part of the book.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #124
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
I just turn my reader off before I put the cover back on.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #125
MissLissa
Enthusiast
MissLissa has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS 500/Palm Tungsten E2
Where can I find the "go to page" hack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you install the "go to page" hack then f you hit the number buttons nothing will hapen until you either do a page turn or hit enter to go to that page. No more hitting the number button and off to some other part of the book.

Alas, another newbie question - where can I find the go to page hack? I tried search in the forums but didn't see what I thought I would.

Thanks!
MissLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #126
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Check the Reader Developer's Corner subforum of the Sony Reader Subforum, the thread you're looking for is a sticky (so it stays at the top of the list), I'd suggest the Hack Builder thread, as the app in there will let you choose the hacks you want through a GUI (Graphic User Interface, in case you don't know the term ). Just look through the thread for tips on using it, and to make sure you get the most recent version of the tool.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #127
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Check the Reader Developer's Corner subforum of the Sony Reader Subforum, the thread you're looking for is a sticky (so it stays at the top of the list), I'd suggest the Hack Builder thread, as the app in there will let you choose the hacks you want through a GUI (Graphic User Interface, in case you don't know the term ). Just look through the thread for tips on using it, and to make sure you get the most recent version of the tool.
Gee, I have missed so much not being around much.......... even I have to go and check this stuff out, and if I even can understand it.

My puter crashed once again, can you believe it, this time a missing or corrupted windows file. either way, this time I installed CONNECT but I didn't go and register it again because I have a feeling these crashes may happen again (every month or two) and if I am not buying any books I don't need to register at this time, I can still use the software to transfer my stuff without that. If all seems well after a few months time I will go ahead but I see no reason to now. And so glad I have the USB backup now, reinstalling my stuff sure was a lot easier than hunting down the burned cd's and of which I have two I think that won't load so they are not worth a darn now either....... love this spare drive, don't have a computer without one. Never liked burning a cd anyways

Hi guys and ladies.

Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #128
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oops. Was going to recommend a practice that was already described well earlier. Enjoy!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #129
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
Gee, I have missed so much not being around much.......... even I have to go and check this stuff out, and if I even can understand it.

My puter crashed once again, can you believe it, this time a missing or corrupted windows file. either way, this time I installed CONNECT but I didn't go and register it again because I have a feeling these crashes may happen again (every month or two) and if I am not buying any books I don't need to register at this time, I can still use the software to transfer my stuff without that. If all seems well after a few months time I will go ahead but I see no reason to now. And so glad I have the USB backup now, reinstalling my stuff sure was a lot easier than hunting down the burned cd's and of which I have two I think that won't load so they are not worth a darn now either....... love this spare drive, don't have a computer without one. Never liked burning a cd anyways

Hi guys and ladies.

Right, you can always do that in two or three crashes!

Spare drives are the best... if you don't forget backing up to them!

Welcome back Karen and stay tuned, they're about to unveil the Kindle.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #130
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Right, you can always do that in two or three crashes!

Spare drives are the best... if you don't forget backing up to them!

Welcome back Karen and stay tuned, they're about to unveil the Kindle.
Hello terrible, LOL........... I don't forget to backup now, in fact anything new added goes directly to the USB drive as well, learned that the last time. I may have lost a few things but for most parts I did fine with what I did save.

Okay what the heck is the *kindle*? something else to confuse me? LOL.

Thanks. I come and go like the wind around here
Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Kindle is what we think is going to be Amazon's ebook reader.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #132
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Kindle is what we think is going to be Amazon's ebook reader.

Thank you.......... competition.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #133
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Right, and it's supposed to be chock full of features the other readers don't have, like a tiny keyboard and wireless to link up to a book site, something Amazon has not said much about yet.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But what we don't know is if the Kindle is going to use another new DRM scheme or Mobipocket. If it's a new DRM scheme, then the Kindle can go get stuffed.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #135
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

What else would it be? They have Mobi.
I'm with you on their getting stuffed with their own DRM...