Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
k4 question about page refreshes

does anyone know if the kindle 4 aka the regular 69 dollar kindle have an option to disable refreshing each page turn? if so, how many pages will it go for?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
baggyrinkle
Early Adoptor
baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.baggyrinkle 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle3 Kindle4 Kindle Fire Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
does anyone know if the kindle 4 aka the regular 69 dollar kindle have an option to disable refreshing each page turn? if so, how many pages will it go for?
Yes you can turn it off. On mine it refreshes every six pages.
baggyrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
Yes, it has the option. The very first Kindle 4 software version ONLY had the each page refresh disabled - and I believe it is still disabled by default. In later versions the ability switch this is the "Page Refresh" option on the third Settings page.

If there is large imagery on the page, the auto-refresh can still happen anytime, but for text it is every sixth page change. For example, reading the Kindle user guide, which has large images, will refresh more often than every six pages.

And just to be clear, I just tested this on my $69 Kindle with the latest 4.1.1 software to be sure.

Personally I prefer to keep the every page refresh on, but that's just me. I like the consistency of knowing the refresh happens always, not just sometimes. Also there is less ghosting that way. But the every-six-pages refresh of course works just fine and is perfectly usable for those that like that.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote