Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
kolupke
kolupke began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad
library icns

When I try to install calibre on my iMac, I get this message: Can't install. Library.icns in use.

What is this? How do I resolve the situation? Thanks!
kolupke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not have an installer on OS X. You simple drag and drop the calibre app to Applications. SO at what point are you getting this error message?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
McJal'm
McJal'm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
File book.icns interfering with Calibre update

Am running OS X Lion (10.7.5) and have been encountering the same difficulty, despite my always ensuring to Quit the Calibre application before trying to install an update.

The problem occurs after I have done the drag and drop. I get the error message reported by the first poster - except the filename is 'book.icns' not 'Library.icns'. This effectively stops the process and thus prevents me from being able to complete the update.

The only way I've been able to update the past few iterations of Calibre has been to restart my computer so that whatever that file is, it finally gets closed.
McJal'm is offline   Reply With Quote