Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #736
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I don't know if they transport the Kindles by bicycle, or fly them 10 times around the earth, or what.
If it is coming out of the US, it may be in part a problem with the weather:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nor...ar-interactive
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #737
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If it is coming out of the US, it may be in part a problem with the weather:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nor...ar-interactive
Nope, all of this is happening in Europe, specifically GB. Maybe the GCHQ is taking a "closer look" at the devices, haha.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #738
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, now I feel quite happy that they stock a few in local warehouses over here...

(So much so that, even when ordering from Amazon UK, they sometime ship stuff straight from France... ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #739
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Hi!

My little contribution: Brazilian Portuguese translation.

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CollectionsManager-localization.txt (9.6 KB, 321 views)
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #740
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
OK, final short update and teaser

It's working on 5.4.0, and I implemented the possibility of independent sort for upper/lower panel. I am now at implementing the "sync" functionality (drag up/down to jump to the respective collection in the other panel).

I have to rush to catch a plane now... bye bye Europe, hello Africa! I'll be back in Mid January and will release a new version then. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #741
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happy holidays!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #742
blackhat
blackhat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
doesnt work on kpw2 5.4.2 , any solutions?
blackhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #743
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhat View Post
doesnt work on kpw2 5.4.2 , any solutions?
I think this covers it:
Quote:
I have to rush to catch a plane now... bye bye Europe, hello Africa! I'll be back in Mid January and will release a new version then. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #744
dleighb
dleighb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Waiting patiently and hoping that the new version will work on the KPW2. All right, not so patiently, but I won't send the Christmas gift back and hope that eventually I will be able to make the collections work. I would even do it manually except for the fact that when you go into a collection to add books to the collection, it feels the need to show you everything on your cloud even when you have "On Device" turned on. Then I end up with all sorts of duplicates because naturally, I never allow Amazon to put anything directly on my Kindle.

ixtab, I really hope one of your KPW2s is waiting for you when you get back from the holidays, and that you are able to get it figured out. Goodness knows, I don't have that ability, but I am pretty good at following instructions! Thanks for all your work. It is greatly appreciated.
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #745
osullivanrichard
osullivanrichard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Didn't work

I'm not a computer whizz and tried to follow these instructions. Got the collections and everything to work but putting in the Collections Manager failed. Said I was not one of the selected to trial it out or something.

Just have to do it manually
osullivanrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #746
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Why oh why can't people actually READ the thread they are posting in BEFORE posting ?????????
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #747
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Why oh why can't people actually READ the thread they are posting in BEFORE posting ?????????
Irritating, isn't it?

At least this person seems to have read the thread title before posting.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #748
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
When all else fails, read the manual.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #749
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
Hi,

I just got a fresh Paperwhite 2 with version 5.4.2 pre-installed.

What possibilities do I have to organise my books? I only know of collections, but the default software doesn't allow "sub"collections.

And this mod doesn't work as I read. Is there another one?

The kindle is already jailbroken.
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #750
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@cybtrash:
Quote:
OK, final short update and teaser

It's working on 5.4.0, and I implemented the possibility of independent sort for upper/lower panel. I am now at implementing the "sync" functionality (drag up/down to jump to the respective collection in the other panel).

Patience?

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks