Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thumbs up Can now import Collections from K4PC to Kindles

I've been using K4PC version 1.2 on my desktop so that I can deDRM books, so I haven't kept up with the newer versions. Today I heard the newer versions have Collections so I installed K4PC version 1.8 on my netbook to play around with it. I created some Collections in K4PC version 1.8 on my netbook, then went into the Add Other Device Collections menu on my K4 and discovered that my netbook is listed as a device from which I can import Collections to my K4. That means we can now create Collections on a PC via K4PC and then import them into a K3 or a K4! Perhaps this has been around awhile and I never knew it. But it certainly makes managing Collections on a Kindle much easier, especially the new non-touch K4.

EDIT: @Blossom just told me this feature has been around for a while. So as Gilda Radner used to say on SNL, "Never mind..." It is still new to me though and it will definitely make managing my Collections on Kindles much easier.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-09-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

EDIT: @Blossom just told me this feature has been around for a while. So as Gilda Radner used to say on SNL, "Never mind..." It is still new to me though and it will definitely make managing my Collections on Kindles much easier.
Still I think you should mention it in your K4 tip thread as a way to make collections on the K4 for those who don't like the new keyboard as it's a big time saver.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Still I think you should mention it in your K4 tip thread as a way to make collections on the K4 for those who don't like the new keyboard as it's a big time saver.
Good point!

EDIT: I added the instructions for importing Collections to the K4 from Kindle for PC in the K4 NT Tips thread.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-09-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Well, I guess I'm on the behind the times wagon with you! Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: you're able to make collections on Kindle for PC, then import those onto your K3? If so, was it relatively simple to make the collections on Kindle for PC? I've never used it b/c I'd never read on my netbook, but if I can make collections... you may have opened a whole new world for me
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by krm0789 View Post
Well, I guess I'm on the behind the times wagon with you! Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: you're able to make collections on Kindle for PC, then import those onto your K3? If so, was it relatively simple to make the collections on Kindle for PC? I've never used it b/c I'd never read on my netbook, but if I can make collections... you may have opened a whole new world for me
It is really easy to create collections in Kindle for PC, plus you have the added benefit of a fullsize keyboard and a mouse.
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Kindle for mac

Please note that Kindle for mac 1.8.x also can create & import collections
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Follow up Query

Trying to use Kindle for PC to solve the "No program that seems to really create and let you drop and drag collections" problem.

I have created collections ON MY ACTUAL PC (which runs Windows XP SP3) what I'd like to do is tell program "Kindles for PC" to IMPORT these collections to itself, i.e. the Kindle for PC App/program/whatever it is, so that I can then IMPORT these collections to Kindle itself. (Assuming Import is the right word.)

While you can (1) import collections FROM the Kindle to "Kindle for PC" and (2) if you open "Kindle for PC" and click Tools; Options; Content you SHOULD be able to tell the program/app where on your PC it should look to get folders/content, it doesn't, instead the app's library just holds on to content it pulled off my desktop.

How can I get "Kindle for PC" to import collections already made and ON my PC??!!

Thanks for all help.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote