Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmatix View Post
a) Is the 902 going to ship to US customers in time for thanksgiving?
b) What is the USD price for the tablet?
If everything goes as planned, new models should be available in the US in time for the thanksgiving. The prices will be announced once the starting sale/pre-order date is confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmatix View Post
c) Will the 3g coverage be included in price for the 903 like the Kindle's
From what I've heard the plan was to have 3G coverage included in the price the same way like Kindle's. Final details will be announce along with the prices.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #17
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the clarifications

Thanks for the answers. Waiting anxiously now for launch date.
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #18
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
If everything goes as planned, new models should be available in the US in time for the thanksgiving. The prices will be announced once the starting sale/pre-order date is confirmed.

From what I've heard the plan was to have 3G coverage included in the price the same way like Kindle's. Final details will be announce along with the prices.
Access to our bookstore and some selected sites will be available for free (in 3G).
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Fellball's impressions

Fellball has posted his impressions in two different threads in the German forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77#post1154277

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...20#post1154320

I'll summarize his positions; sadly he did forget to make pictures, but I hope "Irgendjemand" makes up for this (wasn't a hands-on review promised? )

At any rate, here's what he had to say, mostly about the IQ:
  • The Pocketbook IQ impressed him very much in spite of the lack of maturity of the firmware. In fact, it triggered the "impulse buy" feeling for him and his wife.
  • Said Pocketbook IQ can download Android apps through its browser and use them, so we can guess it's fine in that respect.
  • TTS was very well done for him... and again, it's available in the PBIQ.
  • He owns a matte 302, and the screen gave him a much better impression. He'd grab a 603 if he was looking for a device now.
  • He wasn't too interested in the large devices, as he considered them too big to read comfortably in a sofa. However, he was very impressed with their PDF rendering.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #20
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
sadly he did forget to make pictures, but I hope "Irgendjemand" makes up for this (wasn't a hands-on review promised? )
yeah. This "some one" should come forward and let us know when we are to see this long overdue review.
No beating around the bush now

Last edited by eLiNK; 10-09-2010 at 05:35 PM.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #21
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Thanks for your translation Logseman. Unfortunately (for me) none of what he said is one of my interest as I want to hear mainly about 902/3.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
What would you like to know? I had the chance of trying it on an inofficial meeting early September.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
Krzych Ayanami
Enthusiast
Krzych Ayanami began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903 (soon!)
Everything? How fast that works, how looks - compare to Kindle DX...
Write everything you remember.
Krzych Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #24
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Okay, without a comparison, since I never saw a DX.

Overall, a very sleek design. Neither too bulky nor too heavy. You can hold in your hands for a while without getting tired.

Graphic main screen design, which is a new one for me. Much more like a compuer screen than a text-based menu as with the Kindle e.g. Touchscreen used with a stylus, as responsive as I expect it from eInk.

I was sitting in a not too brightly lit bistro restaurant in the evening. No glare, overall readability was fine. No pearl display, so the contrast is the same as with former models.

PDF rendering was fast and smooth, even for a Pocketbook device. This should really make the handling of magazine PDFs quite comfortable.

And, I hope they'll find a female text-to-speech-voice for the English version, which is as erotic as the German one.

Last edited by K-Thom; 10-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #25
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I am also interested in whether there will be any difference between preorder and final prices, and if so, how large a difference? I'm mostly interested in Pocketbook IQ since I already have an e-ink reader.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
emini_guy
emini_guy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
And, I hope they'll find a female text-to-speech-voice for the English version, which is as erotic as the German one.
No offense to Germans, and I used to speak German quite well years ago, but German can be erotic only to masochists. Let's try some French accent, although I think an English one can be sexy enough.

Thanks for your info, though. I want to buy 902, too.
emini_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #27
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

it looks like the best strategy would be to wait for the first independent review of the final product and then decide (at least for me).
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #28
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emini_guy View Post
No offense to Germans, and I used to speak German quite well years ago, but German can be erotic only to masochists. Let's try some French accent, although I think an English one can be sexy enough.

Thanks for your info, though. I want to buy 902, too.
Whereas your views could certainly be enlightening and entertaining to some users of your make, please keep to the topic and refrain from making similar observations in the future.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #29
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
it looks like the best strategy would be to wait for the first independent review of the final product and then decide (at least for me).
That's what I do, I have cancel the preorder for the next weeks and wait.
The threat title could be renamed with "Frankfurt book fair has end several hours ago" and there is nothing new from there.
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote