Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #61
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobotux View Post
I was wondering... Is there a way to come here, read this forum from kobo's browser ? Mine doesn't like it, it seems and regularly crashes.. So much resources here that can be downloaded right through the browser. this way would be nice
Did you try http://www.mobileread.mobi ?

Luck:
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #62
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Question How should I eject micro SD card from Kobo Touch?

How should I eject external micro SD card from Kobo Touch?

Do I have to turn off my Touch? I tried to insert and eject it without power off. It is ok so far.

Thanks in advance.
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztush View Post
How should I eject external micro SD card from Kobo Touch?

Do I have to turn off my Touch? I tried to insert and eject it without power off. It is ok so far.
The card can be ejected and inserted when the device is running. In fact, for the N905 version of the Touch, it has to be as the card is not recognised when restarting the device. I'm not sure about the other versions, but it might be the same for the N905B.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #64
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Thank you very much, davidfor

My touch works pretty good with external sd card and no problem with insert and eject without power off. Actually I can eject it even during opening a book. Touch remembers the last page.
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #65
throsu
Enthusiast
throsu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five words

Device: kobo aura h2o
Hi!

I just bought a Kobo Aura H2O from Italy (Mondadori store). Previously I have owned one (for just a few days) bought from Germany.

I was wondering, how can I remove the Mondadori logo which appears on the screen in the sleeping mode? Previously (the device bought from Germany), when I've put the device to sleep, the screen showed the cover of the currently read book.

Thanks in advance!
throsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #66
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by throsu View Post
Hi!

I just bought a Kobo Aura H2O from Italy (Mondadori store). Previously I have owned one (for just a few days) bought from Germany.

I was wondering, how can I remove the Mondadori logo which appears on the screen in the sleeping mode? Previously (the device bought from Germany), when I've put the device to sleep, the screen showed the cover of the currently read book.

Thanks in advance!
Connect the Kobo to your PC, go to the .kobo directory (it's a hidden folder) and open the file affiliate.conf with a text editor like notepad. You'll find this line:
affiliate=Mondadori
substitute "Mondadori" with "Kobo", then save the file, safely eject the reader and reboot it. It should be gone.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #67
throsu
Enthusiast
throsu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five wordsthrosu can name that ebook in five words

Device: kobo aura h2o
It works perfectly, thank you so much. I didn't expect it to be that easy.
By the way, I didn't need to reboot, I've just unplugged the device (like you said) and let it process the new information.
throsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #68
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Does kobo do the same thing as Kindle with Audible through whispersync?
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #69
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
Does kobo do the same thing as Kindle with Audible through whispersync?
No. None of the Kobo e-readers have any audio capability so this would not be possible.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #70
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
No. None of the Kobo e-readers have any audio capability so this would not be possible.
Oh, I thought the Vox and the Arc (Tablets) would have this feature? Either way, I now realise there is a sub forum for the Tablets which I didn't spot on Tapatalk
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #71
Susan A
Groupie
Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Aura H20
Does the Aura H20 reader not have a password/lock? I've looked around in the settings and I can't find anything.
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #72
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No password / lock
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #73
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
However do see Password Protection for an option. Use at your own risk / discretion.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #74
Susan A
Groupie
Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Aura H20
Thank you
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #75
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
Oh, I thought the Vox and the Arc (Tablets) would have this feature? Either way, I now realise there is a sub forum for the Tablets which I didn't spot on Tapatalk
The tablets (Arc/Vox) do have sound, which was why I specified e-reader. Can't say if audible is available on them, but the tablet subforum you found will likely get your answer.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, kobo, problem, question, wiki