Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
thaKing
thaKing began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Saving files to dropbox

I am running CM7.1 on my NC and have been using it mostly as a reader, internet device, and casual games. Now I'm looking at using it for documents - creating/editing. I've loaded Kingsoft Office and am trying this out. But the thing I can't figure out, is how to get files to dropbox.

Kingsoft limits where I can save (I believe) and dropbox isn't an option. So I've tried using File Manager and Astro to move the file from where it is saved to dropbox. But even with those, I am unable to find my dropbox folders. I know it must be something simple I'm overlooking, but I don't know what it is.
thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
If you have the Dropbox app installed on your Nook, what you can do is in whatever file manager you are using, long press the file you want to send to Dropbox. A box should come up with different choices (open, edit, delete, etc.). One of those choices should be "share." Select that, and another box will open up with a choice of different programs you have installed that you can share files through - Dropbox should be one of them. Click it, and then you can send the file to your main Dropbox folder or a subfolder you've created. I usually use ES file explorer when manipulating files, but it should work similarly with other file managers.

There are other office apps that allow you to save directly to Dropbox in case you want to switch to one of those (like Quick Office).
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
thaKing
thaKing began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Thanks! Share wasn't an option, but Send was. This gave the Dropbox option. I'm just testing out the office suite - may need to look at Quick Office.
thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote