Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
attapol
attapol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need help for read html files

Dear all,

I just ordered PP and received it last week and like it so much.This is my first e-book reader.I have some questions about using this device.

I've downloaded website in Thai language as html files and want to read in my PP (my PP was updated to last firmware which support Thai).It can be read but not so good as there are space between vowel and alphabet.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.? I am very new to this.

Thank in advance.

Attapol
attapol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Other members here have mentioned that HTML support is only so-so.

I would download a tool called Calibre and convert your HTML file to ePub (quite easy) for viewing.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Make sure you have the Thai font also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by attapol View Post
Dear all,

I just ordered PP and received it last week and like it so much.This is my first e-book reader.I have some questions about using this device.

I've downloaded website in Thai language as html files and want to read in my PP (my PP was updated to last firmware which support Thai).It can be read but not so good as there are space between vowel and alphabet.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.? I am very new to this.

Thank in advance.

Attapol
Dear Attapol:

I hope that you have noted that there is Thai Language and Thai Font now on the Pocket PRO. You can find the Thai Font now under Settings on the Main Menu. That may solve the problem for you. Also try the advice of others. I will keep monitoring.

html is a format on the Pocket PRO but html can have formatting errors by the publisher. Converting (using Calibre) to EPUB may be better. html is a publisher's format and sometimes they do not do a great formatting job.

Thank you!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote