Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #16
cici
cici began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle
New here...so I hope I'm doing this right... My Kindle is about 5 - 6 weekd old. HAs worked great until last week when it turned off for no reason. I thought the battery was dead so I charged it but it was almost fully charged. After a minute or so, it came back on. Last evening, it wouldn't turn on at all. I plugged it in to my laptop to charge but there is nothing happening....just the screen photo is there. No green light, nothing happens when I try to turn it on, in fact my laptop isn't even recognizing that it's plugged in. Help!
cici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #17
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Try charging it through a regular electric socket and see what happens.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici View Post
New here...so I hope I'm doing this right... My Kindle is about 5 - 6 weekd old. HAs worked great until last week when it turned off for no reason. I thought the battery was dead so I charged it but it was almost fully charged. After a minute or so, it came back on. Last evening, it wouldn't turn on at all. I plugged it in to my laptop to charge but there is nothing happening....just the screen photo is there. No green light, nothing happens when I try to turn it on, in fact my laptop isn't even recognizing that it's plugged in. Help!
welcome to the forums!

first of all please be aware that this is a two year old thread concerning a device that is 2 releases prior to what you probably have.

if you don't have any luck with charging it on the wall charger, you need to contact Kindle customer service
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Also - do you have an Amazon UNlighted cover? That cover/case has been known to cause problems and Amazon is refunding money and offering an upgrade to the lighted case. If you have that case, remove the kindle and try charging again.

Also try holding the ON switch in the ON position for 40-60 seconds more more.

Good luck
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
This actually happened to my Kindle 3 the other day. Put it in sleep mode and I went to charge it for the night (was 1/4 full). Light/LED didn't come on. Couldn't wake it with the power adapter in and out. Stayed on the sleep screen and refused to do anything.

Was able to make it reboot by holding power button ON for 30 seconds or so, then releasing. When it came back on and was at the main menu, it was acting a bit screwy...books and collections weren't sorting right and didn't show my archived items. Rebooting more didn't help. Only thing that fixed it was turning on wifi and syncing with the server. So clearly something screwy happened that just took some time and fidgeting to correct.

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
kreidy
kreidy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Green charger light stays after Kindle is put to sleep or switched off. Is that usual?

THanks
kreidy is offline   Reply With Quote