Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
squeakywheel
squeakywheel is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3, PRS-500 (retired)
PRS-500 Returns!

Hello All,

So, I'm guessing it must be old news for you PRS-500 enthusiasts, but my PRS-500 came back! Overall, great experience. I left my SD card in it when I sent it in, but now it is gone, so that sucks

The battery life sucks, and I will try the solutions posted on here. One other thing that I've noticed is the ability to go to specific page numbers. For example, before when I was in the middle of a book and when I accidentally press one of the numbers, it randomly jumps to another page, whereas now if I type in a specific number, it goes to that page. Is this an ePub thing?

cheers,
squeakywheel
squeakywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yea!! Isn't it nice to have it back? Have you read an ePub book yet?

(I have the 505 and it uses the "jump to" page number.)

I saw the suggestion for the battery life also. Let us know if it works.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Congrats on getting your PRS-500 back! - You really shouldn't have sent off your SD card...
Try making bookmarks on your replacement memory card
I am trying out the power suggestion right now (was too impatient last time and restarted my PRS-500 - it recharged short as a result).
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakywheel View Post
The battery life sucks, and I will try the solutions posted on here.
Sorry. I missed it. What was the suggestion?

Jumping to a certain page number is not epub feature but Sony Reader's feature. At least in my 505 it does it in LRF too. Before the f/w upgrade when you pressed a number it was jumping.....not entirely randomly I think it was like that: 1 - 10%, 2 - 20%, 3 - 30%, etc.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
A method to reset "Power Management settings" was posted here.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
squeakywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Yea!! Isn't it nice to have it back? Have you read an ePub book yet?

(I have the 505 and it uses the "jump to" page number.)

I saw the suggestion for the battery life also. Let us know if it works.
Thanks, Dreams! Yes it is nice to have it back, I feel like a complete person again.

Haven't had the chance to try the battery solutions yet (resets) but hopefully soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
squeakywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Congrats on getting your PRS-500 back! - You really shouldn't have sent off your SD card...
Try making bookmarks on your replacement memory card
I am trying out the power suggestion right now (was too impatient last time and restarted my PRS-500 - it recharged short as a result).
Thanks, AprilHare! Yeah, I'm still kinda bummed about losing my SD Card. I'm like 99% sure it was in the device, but there is still a 1% chance I had taken it out and it is hiding in my room somewhere.

Hopefully there will be a solution for the battery problem that doesn't involve another mail-in fix.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
squeakywheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post

Jumping to a certain page number is not epub feature but Sony Reader's feature. At least in my 505 it does it in LRF too. Before the f/w upgrade when you pressed a number it was jumping.....not entirely randomly I think it was like that: 1 - 10%, 2 - 20%, 3 - 30%, etc.
The suggestions were other posts in this forum regarding resets to solve the battery issue.

Yes, before when I pressed a button it jumps to a random page, but now when I accidentally press a number, it appears on the screen, and when I further press enter it goes to that page. I've found this feature to be quite awesome.