Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in August 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast. Enjoy!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Good morning August! I haven't bought any collections yet, but I did use a big code to get the first Jaci Burton Play-by-Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Has anyone read the Hearn books? I tried the first one - it read like a comic book to me (all fluff, no depth), where every woman the hero meets wants to sleep with him (and sometimes does). I don't care for heroes (or heroines, for that matter) like that.
If I met a centuries old [hot] Druid I'd want to jump him too! lol I've read the entire series except the newest and quite like them. I'm not a hardcore fantasy reader though, for what that's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
The Calhouns
Oh man, that takes me back! I read the first one in a Reader's Digest anthology as a very young teen. Must have been one of my first romance reads. Definitely have to go look those up!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Sarah Mayberry's novella Her Favorite Temptation is free @ Amazon and B&N.

Two people facing crossroads in their lives discover friendship and love in this touching novella by fan favorite Harlequin Superromance author Sarah Mayberry.

Leah Mathews has always been the good sister, the favored one who could do no wrong. But as her thirtieth birthday looms, she's ready to step out of her parents' shadow and make changes in her life. Shes even more inspired by the sexy musician who moves in next door and his seize-the-day attitude. And tempted to take comfort in his arms…

Will Jones is facing the prospect of losing the career he loves—and possibly his life—to a sudden illness. When he meets Leah, he feels a powerful connection to her, and flirting with a smart, beautiful woman seems like the perfect way to spend the weeks before his risky operation.

But as their relationship heats up, Leah still doesn't know the truth about Will's situation. Will their bond be strong enough to face the challenges yet to come?

PS - Did you know August is National Read-A-Romance Month

Last edited by copyrite; 08-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
If I met a centuries old [hot] Druid I'd want to jump him too! lol I've read the entire series except the newest and quite like them. I'm not a hardcore fantasy reader though, for what that's worth.
I've read the first 2 Iron Druid books and absolutely loved them, so much so that I'm actually buying them at full price (although slowly, so as not to totally break my budget). They are definitely UF, with no romance, but Atticus is hot, and I'd happily jump his bones anytime. I find that UF makes a great palate cleanser in between romances and keeps me from burning out on the genre.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Senior Moments

I read a book from this site, where the heroin brings the hero home after he has too much to drink, and stays the night to make sure he doesn't choke on his own vomit. I can't remember the name, and I want to get the second book.

Another book I just read (so embarrassing) where the heroin posed nude for the hero for $1 million. She was a former beauty queen.

I liked both of these books, but can't buy the next in the series because I don't remember the names or the authors. I am behind in marking books already read in Calibre, as well.

What a mess!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I read a book from this site, where the heroin brings the hero home after he has too much to drink, and stays the night to make sure he doesn't choke on his own vomit. I can't remember the name, and I want to get the second book.

Another book I just read (so embarrassing) where the heroin posed nude for the hero for $1 million. She was a former beauty queen.

I liked both of these books, but can't buy the next in the series because I don't remember the names or the authors. I am behind in marking books already read in Calibre, as well.

What a mess!
Not really into a lot of Romance novels, but usually really good at finding stuff on web. Is this one of the novels you were looking for?

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy #2) by J. Kenner

ETA: Ooh, I think I found the other one too:

Forever Black, by Sandi Lynn blog GR

Last edited by gabby98; 08-01-2013 at 02:44 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Hiya! Long time, no see! (Been lurking and enjoying the freebies though...)

Found a Sourcebooks freebie that I don't think I've seen posted yet:

The Bridegroom Wore Plaid by Grace Burrowes
Amazon, B&N, iTunes

Quote:
His Family or His Heart — One of Them Will Be Betrayed...

Ian MacGregor is wooing a woman who's wrong for him in every way. As the new Earl of Balfour, though, he must marry an English heiress to repair the family fortunes.

But in his intended's penniless chaperone, Augusta, Ian is finding everything he's ever wanted in a wife.

Last edited by pisceschick; 08-01-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added iTunes link
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Ugh, my Chrome browser for the US Kobo site just switched over to their new website. Bleeeech! The new search result browse is just a shade above useless.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Ugh, my Chrome browser for the US Kobo site just switched over to their new website. Bleeeech! The new search result browse is just a shade above useless.
Yeah. I am not a fan either. It took me forever to figure out to get to the account page since the links are no longer all listed. The little head icon was not an obvious choice to me, but I finally found the links.

At least the Penguin books are finally displaying on the eligible for coupon codes part. They were not doing so at first.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yeah. I am not a fan either. It took me forever to figure out to get to the account page since the links are no longer all listed. The little head icon was not an obvious choice to me, but I finally found the links.

At least the Penguin books are finally displaying on the eligible for coupon codes part. They were not doing so at first.
I can only think this is going to be a support nightmare for them, especially because there is no clear indication of file format. PDFs show up under the "ebook" media type. Hello! Why even bother with that when all they sell is ebooks. Oh well, we've know all along that they aren't much in the IT dept.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
That's it! Thanks gabby98-karma for you. Off to shop of the next book in each series!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I noticed it when I looked to see if that Sourcebooks title was free there, and it's pretty awful. Just even getting the search to GO was difficult. Ugh.

While I'm here... I am working on downloading my Amazon books to back up and put in Calibre. I've got most of my big publisher books, and am focusing now on the backlist self-pubs (where the author has gotten her rights back). The only way I can think of to know what to search for (because I don't care so much to back up the rest of the random slush-pile) is to go through the past threads here because y'all have conveniently noted when something was published previously by Signet or whatever.

I'm remembering, though, that some of you keep these freebies in a separate Calibre library. Does anyone possibly have some kind of a list of these books? I don't mind doing this the hard way, but if I can save time, I will!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #13
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
That's it! Thanks gabby98-karma for you. Off to shop of the next book in each series!
Glad to help!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
This month's first Samhain freebie - a m/m romance by Josephine Myles - Handle With Care
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Winning a Bride: A Novella by Jade Lee

Wife for a Night (Destiny Bay) by Helen Conrad
Original published by Dell Candlelight Ecstasy and revised as part of the Destiny Bay Series

One for the Road by Lynne Marshall
Harlequin Medical author
Original Publisher: Wild Rose Press (2011)

Love's Dawning by Mary Tate Engels
Harlequin Temptation Author

Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice Book #1) by Irene Hannon
Get the Audible Version for $3.99 through Whispersync for Voice
Inspirational Suspense
Publisher: Revell (2011)

Good Morning, Darkness by Ruth Francisco
Originally Published by Warner (2005)

Loving Laura (The Cantrelle Family Trilogy) by Patricia Kay
Originally published as: When Somebody Loves You by Trisha Alexander
Silhouette Special Edition (1992)

Dark Angel (Lescaut Quartet) by Tracy Grant (Anna Grant)
Original Publisher: Zebra )1994)
Note: Paid full price for this one!

The Rocking Horse: A Regency Novella by Holly Newman
Christmas!

Her Own Best Enemy (The Remnants, Book 1) by Cynthia Justlin
Get the matching Audible for $2.99
Carina Press Author.
Note: Autobuy for me.

Indies:

A Love by Any Measure by Killian McRae

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens
Young Adult Romance
Note: Read this one and really liked it!

Last edited by Blossom; 08-01-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote