Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Please Help!!! Invalid Format

Hi,

Please help. This is a desperate plea.

Everything was going fine with my Sony Reader PRS505 until awhile ago when I removed my 1 GB SD card to add a couple of books to it, via the eBook Library software.

When I reinserted the SD card, the Reader failed to load the contents. I had deleted internal content last week, and all had worked well in the interim. I had also added content to the SD card before, and all worked well until today.

After the Reader failed to load content, I pressed reset. It started up, loaded the contents of the card, and then showed ! in a circle. It wanted me to press MARK to reformat internal memory. I did. Then I got the message Invalid Format. At that point, the screen is greyed out and unresponsive to anything I do.

Since then I've tried every way I know to restart the Reader and get it to load the contents of the card. I checked Wikipedia which told me to hold down Volume and Mark after resetting. I have done this many times to no good end. The Reader starts to load and I see the circle with the arrows, but it doesn't turn, and then I get the Invalid Format error message again. Then the grey-out. It doesn't seem to matter whether my SD card is in or out when I reset. What to do????

I don't even have the manual to help me. I had downloaded the PRS505 manual when I first got the Reader, but can't find it anywhere now, and a search online doesn't find it either. I would appreciate a link so that I can re-download it, but I don't have a lot of hope that it will address this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The manual is on the CD.
Try to reboot the Reader with USB cable connected and format the internal drive from Windows.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Online manual - http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PRS505.pdf
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Thanks guys. This topic is now a sticky thread with a solution! Yes!!!

If you have the problem, look at the thread: "Invalid Format-PRS-505"

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote