Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: sony pocketbook 350
Where can I buy a case for the 350 in new york city?

I already put an ugly scratch on this and don't want to order on line, want to get the sony case today. I have looked in several best buy's but they only have the case for the 300 although they are not selling it. So where in any of the 5 boroughs can I scoot off to today and get a cover...thanks for listening...its not like a kindle the cover seems to be a niche item...
bluerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
You can get the official Sony covers at the Sony store in the Sony building, 55th and Madison.

For other covers, you could try B&H or J&R. Not sure what they will have, but you could check the selection online first.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
bluerfoot
Zealot
bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'bluerfoot understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Thanks I will head over there at lunch time...
Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
I think Borders is selling cases. I bought a 300 case on closeout for $10.00. The case is a bit big, so thanks to suggestions on this board, I used velcro to hold my reader in place.

Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The light case is very nice if you want to have a light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
bluerfoot
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The light case is very nice if you want to have a light.
I do want a light but case plus light plus battery (its not like the kindle light that gets power from the kindle right?) I fear may = not light and pocketable anymore....
Old 11-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The lighted case adds a little bulk. The light is powered by a single AAA battery and is advertised at 19 hours of illumination.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
bluerfoot
Zealot

thanks I went withm no light as that case pushed the 350 out of front pocketability. nice little case but the way it attaches make me a little nervous (just 2 little notches)...
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
bluerfoot
Zealot

btw the premium case (well whichever it is I paid $38 at the sony store) is not as good as the kindle case. kindle case.

1) snaps in more securely and will not wear out the holding clips if you repeatedly remove the device
2) folds back better. The kindle folded back flush with the back but the sony never gets flush when folded totally back and make it a little squishy feeling to handle.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Did you ask them about the scratch when you were there?
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
bluerfoot
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Did you ask them about the scratch when you were there?
No I probably should have, next time I am in that neighborhood. Truthfully the sales people did not seem like they would know very much.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerfoot View Post
2) folds back better. The kindle folded back flush with the back but the sony never gets flush when folded totally back and make it a little squishy feeling to handle.
Yeah, I know what you mean. The cover for my PRS-505 was nice like that. For the 650, the "spine" part flexes and it's much harder to hold the reader securely and squared up in your hand. But of an annoyance. They should have made it more rigid.

I also sold a lighted cover because it made the whole thing too bulky and felt awkward with the flexing between the reader and light. They should have put the light at the top, and made the cover taller instead, so that it would fit in the back pocket.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Put your reader in your pocket working, take it out broken. Good luck with that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Been carrying my 505 and 650 in back pockets of jeans as long as I've owned them. Sold the 505 in pristine condition. Just point the screen away from you, and obviously don't sit down on top of it.

Wouldn't have it any other way. I disliked the 650 when I had the lighted cover because I had to have a backpack for it, and couldn't even put it in a pocket temporarily if I needed to use my hands. Juggling the reader would be much more dangerous, I reckon. Dropped my iPod today trying to handle 5 different things getting out of the car.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote