Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #31
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
As indicated above, everything with the solution given by troll05 seems to work, except that I have noticed that when I install an application, some of the content seems to go to the internal memory and some to the sd card.

As a result, even though I had 300mb on the partition for the applications on my sd, at some point I was unable to add any application because the internal memory was getting full.

Any solution?
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #32
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Please STOP this multiple posting
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #33
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookof View Post
As indicated above, everything with the solution given by troll05 seems to work, except that I have noticed that when I install an application, some of the content seems to go to the internal memory and some to the sd card.

As a result, even though I had 300mb on the partition for the applications on my sd, at some point I was unable to add any application because the internal memory was getting full.

Any solution?
The apps themselves are installed in the memory area OR in the a2sd specially created partition (EXT2 or EXT3) and NOT onto your FAT32 partition.

So the number of apps you can installed depends on the size of the EXT2 or EXT3 partitions. Please do keep in mind if this partition is too large, the IQ will become unstable.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #34
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
ok so I used the 2nd method and was apple to update my personal IQ. I have an app I want to install

i cant find it directly in the market. but if I navigate to it from this page using the iq

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/int...obile-android/

i get to the market page

https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps

where it wont let me download it.

i found the apk elsewhere and was able to sideload and install it BUT it wont open the IQ acts like its about to run the app but then it just blinks and Im back in the app drawer .

i then looked around and found the apk elsewhere and tried again.
this time the app actually starts but I get an error box saying "sorry but this device doesn't have the amount of memory required to run this app"

what do I do now?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #35
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Again in this thread:
1. Flash 2.0.6
2. Flash a2sd
3. Flash fake AV Patch
4. Flash market install and follow the stepst described in "non ugly market Install"
5. If you like flash new boot logo from here
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #36
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
The apps themselves are installed in the memory area OR in the a2sd specially created partition (EXT2 or EXT3) and NOT onto your FAT32 partition.

So the number of apps you can installed depends on the size of the EXT2 or EXT3 partitions. Please do keep in mind if this partition is too large, the IQ will become unstable.

Cheers
Regarding the message above, my EXT3 partition on my SD card is large enough. The size of the partition is 335MB and 224MB are still available.

However, with regards to the internal memory, I only have 5MB available on a total of 73.4MB.

Is there any way to increase the size of the internal memory without restarting everything?

Is the internal memory a partition on the internal micro SD card or is it a separate memory inside the device that is only 73.4MB in size?

Right now, even though I still have space on the EXT3 partition, I am no longer able to install applications because the internal memory is almost full.

I used the solution proposed by Troll05 to root my device and install Android Market. Except for the lack of memory space, everything works great.

My SD card has three partitions, a FAT32, an EXT3 and a linux swap partition. The total size of the SD card is 31.3GB.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #37
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Firmware 2.1.1 is out, there is a solution for this? The pack for 2.0.6 can't work on 2.1.1.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #38
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
You might try this, but I didn't try it myself, as my IQ is beeing repaired in the moment
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote