Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #16
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hi GeoffC.
Yes, when I bought the Gen3 also bought the cover.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Hi GeoffC.
Yes, when I bought the Gen3 also bought the cover.
thanks - I just had a thought the screen wasn't covered over from the effects of sunlight etc....

what are you planning to replace it with, another Bookeen device?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
junior
Connoisseur

I spent much time reading in the sun for a few months, but the screen was already degraded.

I really like the Gen3, but currently I don't have friends living in Paris to send to Brazil.

I'm considering buying a device with a screen E_ink Pearl, perhaps kindle.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 AM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I will make some test with an "old" eink device I have to see if it can have such an effect. I may suspect a hardware failure and not a screen failure in you case. If the screen driving high voltages are failing, that could led to such a problem.

Pearl eInk screen have a BIG problem: they have stronger ghosting than Standard V110 Vizplex screens.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

This battery is used for the RTC, not the screen.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #22
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Godzil, what is this "RTC"? Thanks.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #23
Godzil

Real Time Clock
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #24
junior
Connoisseur

Some time ago I did not use the Gen3 because of the problem of the screen.

Yesterday, after rapid reading, put the Gen3 near the ice pack he was wearing. When I turned on the Gen3, the screen seemed whiter. I put the bag on top of the screen for some time, and the screen was like new.

The higher the temperature of the screen, the lower the contrast, the screen gets too dark. At room temperature (27 degrees (C)) reading is markedly impaired.

I do not imagine the cause of this problem.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I've seen e-ink screen react badly to cold. But i don't remember the screen being bothered by the heat in the RER metro in summertime.

Room temperature is 27 for you ? More like 20 to me.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-29-2011 at 09:21 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #26
junior
Connoisseur

Hi EowynCarter.

For my screen responds well to cold but not heat.

I think it could be something to the electrical conductivity of the screen.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #27
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I have been using my Gen3 for almost 3 years now. I have the model with 200 MHz processor and 512 MB of ram.
What I have noticed is that when reading in the cold (eg a train platform with 5 degrees Celsius) the page flipping is way delayed (up to more than 5 seconds for just one page flip). After I am in the train and the temperature rises, the ebook returns to its normal operation.
I have not come across any permanent problem with the screen. I use the font type/size settings I settled after the first week I purchased the device and it seems like the first day (of course if there has been some constant very slow degradation I cannot see it).
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
Godzil

This is normal that with cold the screen gets slower. With heat it will become faster. That's how eInk work that is responsive.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #29
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Can't see the pics - server not found.........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote