Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #121
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
yes, must agree with the toothbrush.
Comet cleanser may not be something we have around here - though I can envisage what it is...
Oh, right ... any brand of powdered sink cleanser with bleach in it will work. Even in the motor .... I dump some cleanser in there and then scrub the heck out of it with a bottle brush.

If the water is not too hot, you can put all parts ... except the water reservoir and the motor in the dishwasher as well.

I think the thing I hate the most is getting the hair and gungus out of the flow mechanism.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #122
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
dishwasher - oh ! that's me ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #123
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
dishwasher - oh ! that's me ....
Just do not .... I repeat DO NOT .... put the clear reservoir in the dishwasher. I tried it as an experiment (reviewing one for the internet) and it melted into mush.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #124
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And if the dishwasher is YOU, Geoff, you probably don't want to put ANY of the parts in you. :smirk:
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #125
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Best thing for corners is either a toothbrush or a very small bottle brush.

Also, the best cleaner I've found is Comet cleanser ... the powdered stuff.

I use a scrub sponge to get the slime off of the filters, and it helps to clean them not less often than once a week. Less slimy build up that way.
i was thinking of getting my cats one of these fountains but i think you may have talked me out of it. "slimy build up" beurk !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #126
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Trouble is, though, she used to keep falling in and getting stuck . It never seemed to put her off, though.
Silly human. Those aren't toilets. They are receptacles for a specially flavored drinking water which is best tasted when one has become totally bored with drinking the same old stuff out of that stupid bowl with the chew toys painted on the side. These secondary water receptacles also double as a means to test whether one needs to be eating more. If you can get out, it's time for more bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Stupid dog.
Sir, those two words do not belong in the same sentence and I will not stand for it. Meet me at the edge of town. Tomorrow. Dawn.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #127
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

Sir, those two words do not belong in the same sentence and I will not stand for it. Meet me at the edge of town. Tomorrow. Dawn.

Don't forget to put your teeth in!

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-24-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 AM   #128
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i was thinking of getting my cats one of these fountains but i think you may have talked me out of it. "slimy build up" beurk !!!
Same here... At least I can wash the water bowls with some hot water and a normal dishwashing brush...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #129
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

It's "only" cat slurp .... entirely natural .... spppfft ...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #130
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
"Comet" cleanser also has diatoms in it -- little shells left behind by tiny critters, and they do a great job of abrading goo off of stuff.

Ricky, I can't believe I missed this excitement earlier. I knew you were ill, but didn't realize the cause. If you think you can get a ticket out of the trucking company, I can fly down there for a week or so to help.... I can't think of anything else to offer, as I don't know anyone closer. But if there is anything you can think of that I could do that would be helpful, please let me know.

Would Dragon Naturally Speaking (or similar) help with the typing problem, or do you think the meds would interfere more with speech than with typing?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #131
GeoffC

The cats bellyaching would interfere with DNS ....
Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #132
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
The cats bellyaching would interfere with DNS ....
Ah. That could be an issue, yes. Though a directional mic on the headset could help.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #133
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
A large Peterbilt truck decided to do a u-turn right in front of me on the highway about 2 today. I hit him broadside doing 70.

They called life-flight because they thought I was dead ... but after I crawled out of the wreckage that used to be my car and danced around for them to show them I was only a bit bloody, they called it off.

iPhone destroyed, I'm in a lot of pain ... bad sprains. but nothing broken. So, back on pain meds for a bit... and hard to type with only one hand, so don't worry if I don't post for a few days.

Sheriff said a few inches to the right and I would have been decapitated.

Wheeeeeee
This just makes me want to crawl up into a ball and hide somewhere. I'm sorry, Ricky. I hope you're feeling better or that you do soon.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #134
GeoffC

See VR, this is what happens when you go walk-about ....