Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Weyman, Stanley J.: Chippinge Borough 5 Nov 2011

'Chippinge Borough' was publlished in 1907, and is a magnificent tale of 19th Century England during the tumultuous days of the Reform Bill. This book was the author's own favorite among his novels. It is set in England in the early 1830s, and well describes well the Reform period and the Bristol Riots.

There are eerie resemblances between the background description of the struggle for for voting rights in 19th century England and the struggle for political representation in 21st century US.

The source was a text file from OpenLibrary.org which is full of OCR errors and omissions. It was checked against the original pdf version, but errors may remain. Please let me know of any errors you find so I can fix them.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub ChippingeBorough.epub (883.4 KB, 498 views)
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Thank you!

But... no TOC? (I mean, there are no entries for the chapters in the NCX TOC.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Thank you!

But... no TOC? (I mean, there are no entries for the chapters in the NCX TOC.)
No, rightly or wrongly I just use the ncx.toc for the main areas. If you click on the Chippinge Borough entry in the ncx.toc that will open up the Contents page of the ebook itself, which shows all the chapters - and of course provides links to the chapters.

I guess it's partly a matter of style, and partly because I'm too lazy to repeat in the ncx.toc the chapter headings and links I've provided in the text.

Given that an ebook will reopen at the last page read even if it has been closed I just don't see the point of duplicating the chapter headings and links.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, one side effect, in my reader, is that with NCX I can see which chapter I'm reading (I select "go to" in the menu and I get a list of items in the TOC, with the current one highlighted).
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Well, one side effect, in my reader, is that with NCX I can see which chapter I'm reading (I select "go to" in the menu and I get a list of items in the TOC, with the current one highlighted).
Thanks, Jellby.

I have the greatest respect for your work and the help you so freely provide, but on this occasion I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Sure, it's your book, and you format it as you like.