Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
robri
robri began at the beginning.

Device: MiGear ereader
MiGear E-Reader

I have one of these readers that i want to change the menu system so that i can use it for work. What i would like to do is change the greeting at the start – change the main menu and also the secondary menu. What i would end up with is a product manual.

Does anyone know how to do this or can they do it?

Rob
robri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Rob.

Surely someone here is bound to know the answer.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Rob. Never come across MiGear, but an expert will pop up soon. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by robri View Post
I have one of these readers that i want to change the menu system so that i can use it for work. What i would like to do is change the greeting at the start – change the main menu and also the secondary menu. What i would end up with is a product manual.

Rob
After seeing your post last night, I did some Googling for MiGear. There doesn't seem to be much info available for this reader. I found plenty of sites selling it, but I couldn't find a user guide or a website for the company. I found and update to allow ADE books to be read on it. I even found your post on the whirlpool forums asking the same questions and that's about it.

It seems like you may be a pioneer and who will have to teach us about your reader. Was there any kind of manual or user guide included with your reader?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
robri

The unit that i have is doesn't come with a manual worse luck. I have tried Whirlpool but no-one there seems to know what it is about.

Manufacturer says it is RockChip although i suspect ath that is the chip. Product name is RK2729 SDK - which is the chip i think. Major version ID: V1.0.5. It has 4G of memory so it will hold lots of books.

What i want to do with it is to change the menu to use it as a product manual if possible. The products that we have are in PDF so it can read them. We have about 200 products in 7 different categories so i think the e-reader will do it.

I have called it a MiGear as i noticed that there were several of these in larger stores in Australia. It has a colour screen and has a numbered system at the base that it used to select the menu item.
Can anyone help?

Rob
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If no manual came with it and one was not included on the reader, you may be out of luck here. Maybe someone who is familiar will chime in.

Are you really attached to this reader? If not, maybe you could return it and get a more mainstream reader.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
robri

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If no manual came with it and one was not included on the reader, you may be out of luck here. Maybe someone who is familiar will chime in.

Are you really attached to this reader? If not, maybe you could return it and get a more mainstream reader.
I do have a Kindle for personal use but need the colour screen for the work application.

I really like the Kindle and as an avid reader use it a lot. Would feel more comfortable with it if it was colour.

The one i have chosen is the best that i have come across. I will need in the order of 150 so it is not a small purchase or idea.

I like your Kindle site and will use it to adapt my Kindle

Rob

Last edited by robri; 12-09-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: thought of a new point
Old 12-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Okay, it looks like your MiGear is the same as the BLip Color. Unfortunately, I still can't find much information. I do see that the BLip is supposed to include a manual. My suggestion would be to contact one of the BLip retailers to see if they can direct you to the manufacturer and maybe then you can get a manual.

MiGear

BLip

Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
MiGear Support
MiGear Support began at the beginning.

Device: MiGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by robri View Post

Rob
Hello Rob,

Sorry to inform you, but no you are unable to change the greeting, main or secondary menu.

This product should of come with a manual, however if you still need a manual please contact us at support@migear.biz
MiGear Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The Blip color is in the wiki. I will add the migear as a secondary name.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I bought one of these at Meritline. No name brand was given so I thought that it was just a generic reader. I will look to see if it has a manual, but I simply copied books to the reader.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I bought one of these at Meritline. No name brand was given so I thought that it was just a generic reader. I will look to see if it has a manual, but I simply copied books to the reader.

Ellen
MiGear has a downloadable manual. Check the wiki for the MiGear eBook Reader
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't see the manual for the device, but I did see upgrade software and instructions. I thought I had gotten one, but I can't find it. I am emailing the migear folks to se if I can get one.

Ellen
Old 12-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
imaredr
Collector

I went back to Meritline and found that they have the manual for the ereader available for download. I have attached it here. I don't know if it will work for you since it says Primer Reader, I believe it is the same.

Ellen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf user manual.pdf (568.8 KB, 1221 views)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
pwj3
pwj3
pwj3 began at the beginning.

Device: MiGear
MiGear Reader

Hi. I too have the Migear but in Australia. I contacted the distributor here about the Primer brand and even though they look identical I was told not to use any of Primers software to update the Migear. The manual is helpful but the software could cause grief. I have asked for a link to updates and they are to get back to me. When they do I shall post a link

pwj3
pwj3 is offline   Reply With Quote