Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
TobiasRieper
TobiasRieper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook for RSS/Wifi/handwriting notes

Hi folks,

I want to ask you for help. Im really new to all this ebook stuff so please be patient.

What Im interested in is an Ebook with wifi (I would love gsm or bluetooth conneciton to my cellphone, but I dont think there is any ebook with this modules) that can "download" and show RSS on the go. Im not getting whole >>prepare your rss feeds in the morning on your pc and copy them to your ebook<< idea.

Another function I need is taking notes by hand for my math and statistics classes. There isnt much of them (about 5 hours in week) so I hope some ebook can be used this way.

I put an eye on irex iliad - it seems to be suitable for my purposes. Probably with some hacking. But I want to ask for advice before I order one. Is there something better, something similar but cheaper or is my usage scenario completely bad for an ebook?

I had windows tablet-notebook before but its completely useless because of weight and short runtime.

Whatever.. Thx for your help
TobiasRieper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The illiad is basically discontinued. I think it is being replaced by the DR800 unit. That unit is going to have 3G wireless in it. Not sure if you will be able to get RSS feeds from it.

The only other ones I know with WiFi and handwritting haven't been released yet.

I think those would include the Onxy Boox, the Txtr and the new 6inch BeBook. Oh, I think there is a Pocketbook device planned for end of year that will have WiFi and hand writing.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
BOb I think the Pocketbook you are thinking of is their model 302. Charbax and igorsk had had a couple threads as well as videos showing it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=2497672
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
BOb I think the Pocketbook you are thinking of is their model 302. Charbax and igorsk had had a couple threads as well as videos showing it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sea...archid=2497672
Good eye (I was too lazy to look it up.)

BOb

(avatar pun intended)
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Good eye (I was too lazy to look it up.)

BOb

(avatar pun intended)
d'oh!! nice pun ya hit my right between my eye...there is a bullseye pun in there but I can't find it...Mike Callahan and Jake Stonebender would be ashamed of me and likely "Long Drink" might smack me for it too!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote