Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Amir_Niknam
Amir_Niknam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Can I extract my ebook from Kindle for pc ?

Hi,
I want to extract my ebook from Kindle for pc to my Kindle. Can i do that ?
I see a software that convert my ebook to pdf but i want to convert to Kindle format.
Amir_Niknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
If you can read it in K4PC, just use your computer to drag and drop into your Kindle\documents folder on the Kindle, then run the sync.

In Windows 7, you'll find the K4PC books here:

C:\ .....\My Documents\My Kindle Content

Drag and drop to your Kindle here:

G:\ (or whatever)....\Kindle\Documents

Last edited by mldavis2; 10-23-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added information
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Is this an ebook from Amazon? If so, it probably has DRM (encryption) and is locked to your K4PC account. In most cases you can have the same Kindle ebook on 6 devices, but you have to download it separately for each device. Either use whispernet, or download it from your manage Kindle page to your computer (indicating your K2 as the target). Then side load it via USB to Kindle\documents on your K2.

If it isn't from Amazon and you can read it on K4PC, then, as mldavis2 said, just copy it from My Documents\My Kindle Content via USB to Kindle\documents on your K2.

If you want a DRM-free MOBI version of a K4PC AZW from Amazon, then see Apprentice Alf's Blog and don't forget to look in the comments. The new tools_v2.0 bundle seems to be the eaiest yet to use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If you want a DRM-free MOBI version of a K4PC AZW from Amazon, then see Apprentice Alf's Blog and don't forget to look in the comments. The new tools_v2.0 bundle seems to be the easiest yet to use.
Second that! And a lot more! On my Kindle I'm now reading the only book in an author's series that wasn't available for Kindle but was available as an EPUB at B&N. Hooray for DialDapp!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Amir_Niknam
Amir_Niknam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you everyone !
Finally I extract my Ebook from Kindle for PC.
I bought that book from Amazon and it has DRM encryption But with Alf's Blog posts I have decrypted Ebook.
Amir_Niknam is offline   Reply With Quote