Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Audiobook version of purchased ebooks

Is there a way I can get an audiobook version of an ebook I purchased from the Kindle store? I recall seeing an option beside the ebook page on Amazon. How does it work? Do I get the audiobook for free if I already bought the ebook?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Free no, but cheaper. I believe it's audible edition you buy, and you can use your amazon credentials. I also tried it recently and the proces has been relatively painless.You should see how much audio book will cost if you open its page on amazon it ever so helpfully informs how much it costs if you already own ebook.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audiobook version of purchased ebooks

Why do I need to sign up for a membership plan to buy audiobooks from Audible.com?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
You don't. I mean, you can, but you don't have to.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Is there a way I can get an audiobook version of an ebook I purchased from the Kindle store? I recall seeing an option beside the ebook page on Amazon. How does it work? Do I get the audiobook for free if I already bought the ebook?
It's called Whispersync for Voice and it's tied in with Audible. Click this link for details. Available titles are linked below.

Amazon Whispersync (21,455 titles) -- *special pricing after purchase of Kindle book
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Why do I need to sign up for a membership plan to buy audiobooks from Audible.com?
You don't need a membership plan to buy the Whispersync for Voice companion audiobooks from Audible, just use your Amazon log in information to access your Audible account.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Even if you go to Audible.com, it asks you if you want to use your Amazon account to join. Just fill in your Amazon info, and you're good to go, once you fill in the other membership info, like your name, etc. I just did it a few days ago.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's called Whispersync for Voice and it's tied in with Audible. Click this link for details. Available titles are linked below.

Amazon Whispersync (21,455 titles) -- *special pricing after purchase of Kindle book

Actually, all of the books listed at the '99 cents' link are free!

I just wish they offered reduced price on ebooks that you already own the audiobook of.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-29-2013 at 10:53 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 AM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

I just wish they offered reduced price on ebooks that you already own the audiobook of.
Unfortunately the discount is on the audible side, it is my understanding that the publisher controls the price of the ebook, so no discount there if you already own the audible version of the same book.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Right. The '99 cents' refers to the price of the matching audiobook, not the price of the Kindle ebook.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
Gazella
Wizard

If I bought audiobooks from sites other than Audible, how do I listen to them on my iPhone? I downloaded the Audible app but it turns out I can't import non-Audible audiobooks, same goes for the Audiobooks app.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
Synamon
Lunatic

Quote:
If I bought audiobooks from sites other than Audible, how do I listen to them on my iPhone? I downloaded the Audible app but it turns out I can't import non-Audible audiobooks, same goes for the Audiobooks app.
I use the Audible app to play library mp3 audiobooks that I have downloaded to my iPod touch, the app can access any audiobooks in your Music folder that you transferred to your device via iTunes.

Check out the threads in the Apple subforum for more details on audiobook apps.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
Gazella
Wizard

Ok thanks. Are there websites similar to Audible? I'm interested in checking out other audiobook sites.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Ok thanks. Are there websites similar to Audible? I'm interested in checking out other audiobook sites.
Sites selling digital audiobooks off the top of my head...
Downpour
iTunes
AudioBookstandDL
eMusic
Books on Board
AudioGo
Public Libraries using OverDrive (& other services?)

Downpour and eMusic have credit/subscription programs similar to Audible.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Check this thread for special offers on audiobooks:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote