Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
1drey
1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-505 PB360 Opus Sony PRS-350
Fonts embedding

A suggestion, a sort of.

I agree that too many embedded fonts will increase the size of resulting ePub and it is no good. Anyway it would be useful to have an option to embedd at least two fonts - one for main body of text and another for titles, chapters etc.
1drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
I'm working on font embedding. If you look in the preferences, you will find the checkbox.
It is inoperative at the moment, but it will be enable in the version 1.1.11, I hope.
By checking it, the selected font will be embedded in the epub itself.
Only supported font format (like .otf) will be available in the list.
The first release wil support just one font, future release can be more flexible.

Font embedding increase the ePub file dimension, but is mandatory for most Eastern European languages, and anyway is an option.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
OneMore
OneMore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Luke,

Can you confirm you implemented font embedding?
I installed OOo 3 and downloaded your add-on today, it displays version 1.1.11, but "embed font" checkbox is regardless of the chosen font.
I specifically installed several OTF fonts and created a new document with just one line using this font, but it does not become available for embedding.
What kind of OTF (or other) fonts can be embedded with your add-on? Can you refer to any specific font name so I could check it on my side?
Specifically, I need to embed a font with Cyrillic (Russian) characters.
If there is any specific rules I need to follow, please advise.
OneMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
Luke,

Can you confirm you implemented font embedding?
Not yet, sorry.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote