Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #421
chompop
chompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolate

Device: KK,PWM,PW4,KO2,i86,n96ml,Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
Today I updated older app too: QuickFullScreen
This requires rather launcher. But don't use simultaneously with Manager. Manager will disable fullscreen on any app that is not checked on his fullscreen list.

New mirror for newest 2015-08-18_15-28_1.7.3_0949b01 i86 firmware: onyx-international.com firmware
Hi DarkCookie,

Thank you again for creating this very useful app. It surely made my i86 more useful to me. I am waiting for the paid version of the manager.

Is it possible to create an app that would force screen refresh after any touch on the screen(probably after a few delay)? It would be awesome for manga/comic app.
chompop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #422
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Is it possible to create an app that would force screen refresh after any touch on the screen(probably after a few delay)? It would be awesome for manga/comic app.
Yes, but it will require rooted device in this case (for "any touch on the screen" detecting).

Quote:
"I am waiting for the paid version of the manager."
You can contact me at private message if you don't want to wait. I cannot sell globally via google play yet.

Last edited by DarkCookie; 09-14-2015 at 05:41 PM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #423
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
For reading and annotating PDFs I am using the original Onyx Neo Reader. It is good and I like it, but for scribbling the thinnest line selectable in the menu is too thick. The problem is that in the menu it looks quite thin, but when actually used it is much thicker. Is there some way how to change it? E.g. in ezPDF Reader it is quite possible, but the interface is more complex. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #424
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi Max,

the minimum line width in Neo Scribble can be adjusted in settings:
Menu->more->settings->ScribbleBar ->set scribble line width
I found a solution in another thread.
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #425
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Yeah nowI got an Onyx i86, too. Very neat device.

Only one disadvantage. There is no included casing.

Do you have a suggestion for a leather casing?

Last edited by joblack; 09-15-2015 at 02:10 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #426
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I realized chompop request and here is preview how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyfJEFx_gQA
Good news is that root is not required. Delay can be prolonged or completely removed.

I also made available new screen refresh mode which is beetween A2 and normal mode. It preventing from redundantly screen blinking and do not creating so much ghosting like A2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVF6FgBx3Y

Recently I bought from ebay stereo to mono adapter (<1$ cost) and connected mono speaker without external power to i86:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YUp2SZcPA
Works quite loud and I have two audio channels.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:10 AM   #427
chompop
chompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolatechompop is generous with chocolate

Device: KK,PWM,PW4,KO2,i86,n96ml,Forma
That looks really impressive DarkCookie.
chompop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #428
DarkCookie
Developer

More apps upcoming:
FrontLight Control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_lC_d5cEc
Status bar icon for light notification + floating control ready to start from any launcher.

Floating Dict Launcher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-LDToRA7Q
Always stay on top and is easy to move around. Can serve as shortcut for your favorite dictionary, especially for comics reading.

Last edited by DarkCookie; 09-17-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:21 AM   #429
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Can anyone know how to install dictionary on Onyx Boox i86 HDML plus, and which are good readers for epub,pdf and azw3?
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #430
dlcmdrx
dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Hi folks just got myself this ereader is it posible to put the browser in landscape mode?? thanks.

Last edited by dlcmdrx; 09-18-2015 at 02:28 PM.
dlcmdrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #431
dlcmdrx
dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.dlcmdrx is less competitive than you.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
So ill answer myself, installed the App set orientation and looks ok.

Any feedback on better apps???
dlcmdrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #432
Simn
Simn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beautySimn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox i86, Pocketbook Inkbad, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcmdrx View Post
So ill answer myself, installed the App set orientation and looks ok.

Any feedback on better apps???
I asked me this question by my self and came to the same conlusion.

I'm using Rotation Lock Adaptive:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.rotate&hl=de

- Its menu is very big >> easy to handle
- Its in black and white >> easy to read

I would suggest to ignore the build-in rotation functionanlity. Just use one app, not two.

Another tipp: I changed the browser (to dolphin). The build-in browser doesnt show links proberly within a text, if the link isnt marked by the homepage itself.

Some text with a link

A pure link: https://www.mobileread.com/

Last edited by Simn; 09-18-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Simn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #433
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Hi folks ,
I am unable to install apps from play store on Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus.
Got the error "Error retrieving information from server" . Could you please help in resolving this issue.

I have searched in google and fixed it.

Last edited by Ramana; 09-19-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:59 AM   #434
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramana View Post
Hi folks ,
I am unable to install apps from play store on Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus.
Got the error "Error retrieving information from server" . Could you please help in resolving this issue.

I have searched in google and fixed it.
Instead of just saying you fixed it, can you tell what you did to fix it?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:18 AM   #435
Ramana
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Instead of just saying you fixed it, can you tell what you did to fix it?
You can search the text "Error retrieving information from server" and follow the steps in video shown in search results. Video link is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IujFpuP3NE