Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #376
Rivak
Rivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx i86 HDML Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureaxis View Post
I honestly have no problem with my device. I haven't seen any of the bending of the case like in some of the test production models.
Thanks.

It is also not a big problem, but it is esthetically not really nice to see.
Also, one of the pagebuttons is harder to press than the other.

Still debating if I keep the device or not.
Rivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #377
pureaxis
pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Hanvon D31, Onyx i86ML
I think quality differs in the batches of production, I havent seen that many problems on my unit. My issue with the page buttons is that it should have indentations to let you know which direction, sometimes I press back instead of forward.
pureaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #378
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivak View Post
Question for other i86plus owners:

Is the ribbed plastic bezel above the pagebuttons pushed upwards a little to above the outer shell, creating a little bump ?
You can notice this to look from the side and without the cover.

Thanks...
I haven't had that.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #379
Rivak
Rivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx i86 HDML Plus
Thanks.

Will return the device for another one.
Rivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #380
Papachris
Papachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animalsPapachris is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Deleted.

Last edited by Papachris; 08-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Papachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #381
pureaxis
pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Hanvon D31, Onyx i86ML
One a side note, Onyx previewed firmware 1.8 on their site and it seems contrast had vastly improved in apps (where previously the font was really faint). So many apps should be more usable now.
pureaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #382
Madarame
Madarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx i86ML
Just got my i86ML today. Trying to read manga with it and everything seems to be fine except one big thing — I can't hide the status bar, so no 1200x1600 for manga pages.

The application I usually use is http://www.manga-watcher.com/
It actually has the "hide status bar while reading" option which doesn't work on i86.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
You can use "ToogleFullscreen" external app. It has "Hide title bar" option.
Sorry, can't find neither "ToogleFullscreen" nor "ToggleFullscreen" app.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #383
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
He probably meant my app
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #384
Madarame
Madarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animalsMadarame is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx i86ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
He probably meant my app
Thanks! Your app works fine. Now is there any task manager in i86? I can't figure out how to run another app while ToggleFullscreen is running

Edit: In case the app should keep status bar hidden after exit — it doesn't.

Last edited by Madarame; 08-17-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #385
k333
k333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animalsk333 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: i86HD (would like to have it)
Hi, i didnt find relevant answers for me and that is why i would like to ask a few questions.
1. First of, Im curious about i86 (idk which exactly, but there is smth like HD and ML(?)). Im interested in it primarily because i read a lot of PDFs, that is why i have ipad mini 2 right now. But it is impossible to read from an ipad for a lot of time or outside. Due to that, my question is, whether i86 can handle 1000 paged PDFs easily (assuming using proper soft of course).

2. Also, Im interested on how Google Play Newsstand works on it. Reading newspapers is also super crucial, but less crucial than PDFs.

3. Then, how long can it work in reading mode of PDFs and of Newsspapers.

4. How does it feel in hand with(out) cover?

5. Will root+lucky patcher work on it?

6. Is it safer to use M96? Comparison with resolution?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by k333; 08-18-2015 at 03:26 AM.
k333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #386
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Does anyone else have a broken case?

It looks like this:
http://the-digital-reader.com/?attachment_id=87035
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #387
Raiden
Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Raiden can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx i86, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

It looks like this:
The case I got didn't even have the plastic shell you seem to have there--it was just the leather/cloth flap & some adhesive. I returned it.

Are there variant covers running around? How weird.

EDIT: I of course didnt' get mine from the ebookstore.de but got the base Chinese model from a guy on eBay who had picked up a batch of ten or so... maybe they added the plastic shell bit?

Last edited by Raiden; 08-17-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #388
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The case I got didn't even have the plastic shell you seem to have there--it was just the leather/cloth flap & some adhesive. I returned it.

Are there variant covers running around? How weird.
You're probably better off.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #389
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

It looks like this:
That's disappointing.
I was hoping to get one of those cases used and salvage the shell part to use in having a custom leather case made.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #390
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
My cover (with plastic holder, but without strap on back) is fine.

Next new firmware is available on Chinese Onyx forum (2015-08-18_15-07_1.7.3_0949b01): http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23428-1-1.html
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote