Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #346
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
Ereader-store has started process of shipping next batch to clients. I have got "currently in transit" status with tracking number.
Thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully mine will be here by the weekend.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #347
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
I just received i86 . If someone need root - towelroot v1 is working OK on this device ( tested on v1.7.2 and 1.7.3 ).
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #348
smayonak
Enthusiast
smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox i86+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Link, please?
Hey Nate, in case you'd like to confirm whether or not the i86 is properly sleeping (which is an issue Onyx's other tablets had problems with), you can install CPUSpy. Basically, it lets you know what frequencies the cores are running at and whether or not they enter deep sleep. There's actually several levels of sleep, but to my knowledge, no app can test for each level. For our purposes, we just need to know whether or not it properly sleeps.

On another note, I had a poorly thought out request regarding the i86's frontlight: I noticed that many Onyx products appear easily disassembled (at least the plastic case is attached through clasps). Can you attempt to pry (just a little) the front bezel off with perhaps a guitar pick or credit card? It seems that it might be possible to adjust the color temperature of the front light using kapton tape:

http://vivek.silvrback.com/how-to-ch...r-better-sleep

Just a thought. :-)
smayonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #349
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I could not find a way to pry the front off.

And with battery lasting for two weeks, it's safe to say that it is going to sleep.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #350
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
My i86ml plus arrived. It come with WIFI N and USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface.
CPU is 1GHz Freescale i.MX6 Cortex A9 (r2p10 model). Default firmware was 1.7.2rc1 and I successfully upgraded to 1.7.3rc1.
Frontlight looks more whiter than I expected from photos (blue hue is not visible by eye). I got free smartcover which works very well (thank you ereader-store.de).

Last edited by DarkCookie; 08-10-2015 at 08:44 PM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #351
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Thanks DarkCookie for the feedback !

Do you also find the frontlight splotchy, ugly and crappy ? or do you find it OK ??
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #352
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have really comparison with others ereaders, because it's my first eink. I can only compare to LCD. My frontlight in i86ml is uneven (or with spacial shadow) only on bottom screen. I attach picture beside TFT (low brightness) and SLCD. For me is OK (except bottom part).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i86mlvsLowLightTFT2.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	140920   Click image for larger version

Name:	i86ml_vs_SLCD.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	140921  
Old 08-11-2015, 03:29 AM   #353
freeaz
freeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS
Thanks DarkCookie

Where can I find 1.7.3rc1 firmware to update my reader and do you know what is new in this firmware.
freeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:46 AM   #354
DarkCookie
Developer

All is here in English and official: http://www.onyx-international.com.cn...3-rc1-20150803
Old 08-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #355
freeaz
freeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animalsfreeaz is kind to children and small, furry animals

Thanks DarkCookie but I am a little confused my reader is ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS I bought it from http://ereader-store.de/en/ so which firmware should I use i86HD firmware or i86ML Plus firmware
Old 08-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #356
DarkCookie
Developer

In Settings->About->System Update you will find your model name.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #357
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeaz View Post
Thanks DarkCookie but I am a little confused my reader is ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS I bought it from http://ereader-store.de/en/ so which firmware should I use i86HD firmware or i86ML Plus firmware
You should use i86ML Plus firmware.
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #358
freeaz

Thanks a lot DarkCookie
Thanks a lot john you are right it is i86ML plus
Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #359
seltzered
Enthusiast
seltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud ofseltzered has much to be proud of

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by smayonak View Post
Hey Nate, in case you'd like to confirm whether or not the i86 is properly sleeping (which is an issue Onyx's other tablets had problems with), you can install CPUSpy. Basically, it lets you know what frequencies the cores are running at and whether or not they enter deep sleep. There's actually several levels of sleep, but to my knowledge, no app can test for each level. For our purposes, we just need to know whether or not it properly sleeps.

On another note, I had a poorly thought out request regarding the i86's frontlight: I noticed that many Onyx products appear easily disassembled (at least the plastic case is attached through clasps). Can you attempt to pry (just a little) the front bezel off with perhaps a guitar pick or credit card? It seems that it might be possible to adjust the color temperature of the front light using kapton tape:

http://vivek.silvrback.com/how-to-ch...r-better-sleep

Just a thought. :-)
You realize I'm the person that wrote that, right? I haven't had time to muck with the backlight on my i86, tried briefly prying things one day but a heat gun (which I don't have at the moment) might be needed to peel things back. If anyone does this please be careful around the thin plastic layer overlaying the screen - or else you'll get a dreaded 'glow worm'.

Last edited by seltzered; 08-11-2015 at 07:07 PM.
seltzered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:02 AM   #360
Kast
Kast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-505
So, based on Darkcookie's photos and impressions have they fixed the frontlight? Is it safe now to buy this?
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote