Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Grimgrak
Grimgrak began at the beginning.

Device: max2 13.3
Pen nib broke flush how to get out?

Any tips on how to remove the nib to replace on the pen? It broke flush and I can't figure out how to get it out...
Grimgrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrak View Post
Any tips on how to remove the nib to replace on the pen? It broke flush and I can't figure out how to get it out...
From what I recall, and I could be mistaken, the nibs on the stylus for the Max2 and the Note are not replaceable. When they wear out or break, you have to get a new stylus.

Luckily, people are reporting that a variety of other Wacom styluses will work with the Max2 and the Note. Search the threads here for some recommendations of what works.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
The nib is replaceable. You can choose any Wacom compatible nib with different texture to get better writing feeling. Note: some are thicker, need to grind a little bit.

BTW, Onyx will issue an official stylus nib kit in July or later this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180627 07-49-27.png
Views:	217
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	164680  

Last edited by cqman; 06-26-2018 at 08:00 PM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #4
Grimgrak
Grimgrak began at the beginning.

Device: max2 13.3
Question remains how do i get the old nib out?
Grimgrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
The nib is replaceable. You can choose any Wacom compatible nib with different texture to get better writing feeling. Note: some are thicker, need to grind a little bit.

BTW, Onyx will issue an official stylus nib kit in July or later this year.
From a reply by an Onyx representative to a question on the Onyx bbs site, I had been under the impression that the nibs were not replaceable:

Quote:
Stavros Apr 16

Hi,

I have the following questions regarding the stylus pen used in Max2:

1. What is the expected durability of the nib in the pen. Weeks, months?

2. When it has completely worn down, can I replace just the nib, or should I replace the entire pen? If I can replace the nib, where can I buy the replacements from, and find instructions on how to replace the nibs?

Afra Apr 17

Hi, Stavros.

1. the expected durability of the nib in the pen is months.

2. At present, when it has completely worn down, you can replace a new stylus.

PS: The stylus of Samsung Note series can be used on Max 2.

http://bbs.onyx-international.com/t/...eplacement/303
Good to know that that is not the case. It would be a waste to have to throw out the stylus once the nib wears down.
Advert
Old 06-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrak View Post
Question remains how do i get the old nib out?
What about using a needle to make a small hole in the centre of the nib. You could then try to super glue something into that hole. When it has dried, you could try pulling it out...

Not sure if that will work. Wouldn't put money on it. Would sooner put money against it. But if nothing else comes up, you might want to try it or something similar.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Can anyone confirm that the nibs are replaceable?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:45 AM   #8
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the nibs are replaceable?
They are replacable. I even bought some nibs fron onyx on amazon (they started selling them recently, and they are much smoother and rounder than the original one. I doubt they will scratch the screen as easily).

https://www.amazon.com/BOOX-Marker-T...9VL&ref=plSrch
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Found that nibs are the same as those used with Samsung Note 3 / 4 / 5 stylus.

These stylus come in 2 levels of hardness. Soft and Hard.

This way you're not limited to buying Boox's offering which is limited to 1 type, most likely hard type ( which might scratch the screen)

Last edited by jessie102; 11-26-2018 at 12:21 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:04 AM   #10
Dandzione
Dandzione began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
What about those nibs https://www.amazon.com/BOOX-Marker-T...&keywords=boox, has anyone tried them?
Dandzione is offline   Reply With Quote