Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
dreoporto57
dreoporto57 began at the beginning.

Device: TBD
Thumbs down New Kindle MIA

Amazon shipped my coveted Kindle via USPS and now it is MIA. Is this due to cost cutting? I even made sure to select standard shipping when I placed my order in August hoping it would ship via UPS instead. Amazon says it shipped Sept. 1 but USPS has no record of that tracking number. Now I have to wait until Sept. 14 for it to be considered a lost shipment. After weeks of waiting a new iPad is looking better by the day.

I'm very disappointed...

http://twitter.com/dreoporto57
dreoporto57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you check the shipping status via your account at Amazon you'll have better info than USPS.

Mine was shipped USPS and the status never changed until delivery, while Amazon had a date and location.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
dreoporto57

I checked with Amazon as well. They have no additional info either, so they believe it is lost but I have to wait until it is official.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When was it due?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I'm confused.

I thought Amazon shipped all their stuff UPS. I've ordered half their store over the years and that how everything I've gotten has arrived.

Is this something new, or have I just being oblivious?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

If you opt for free Super-Saver shipping it comes USPS (at least that's how it is for me).
Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you opt for free Super-Saver shipping it comes USPS (at least that's how it is for me).
ahhh........I have prime. For me, it more than pays for itself.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Don't give up hope

The US Post Office is notoriously SLOW. Dont dispair.

It could even arrive THREE WEEKS after shipping.

Plus, they don't record it in their system until delivery.

I had to return a Kindle 3 for a replacement. The shipping label I printed off from the Amazon email only had BAR CODES. There were no printed addresses there. It made me very uncomfortable.

I shipped mine back on Sep 8 and there is no record of the shipping number in their system yet other than that it was issued on Aug 18 for Amazon's use for return parcels.

I've noticed all Amazon shipments to me with USPS shipping numbers don't get on their web site until I receive them. It is way bad compared to UPS or FEDEX.

My first K3 came UPS with full tracking information. My replacement also came UPS one day but was NOT in the UPS online records until after I received it. Thus, I got it fast but I could not track that one either.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
I also opted for free shipping and so it's shipped via USPS. It was shipped the Saturday of the Labor day weekend. My shipping estimate was Sep 11. I got it yesterday which was 2 days before the expected delivery date. I kind of knew it would come sooner since the facility it's shipped from is 2.5 hrs away from me. During the process though my carrier changed to Fedex and it went way out of the way for a while and then it was delivered at the end by USPS. They do funny things somehow. Just really weird. So anyway, I am sure it'll turn up soon. I haven't gone back to check on Amazon so I don't know whether or not my delivered status was updated. Good luck.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #10
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I have had a Sports Illustrated sub for years, and I have yet to get the swimsuit issue. I guess it gets "lost" every year like that kindle.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
I have had a Sports Illustrated sub for years, and I have yet to get the swimsuit issue. I guess it gets "lost" every year like that kindle.

LOL!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #12
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
I understand your frustration, but something gets lost in the post and therefore you want to buy an iPad?

My iPod shipped direct from Apple ended up being snowed in at a courier depot, so it can happen to anything!
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
dreoporto57

My Kindle finally arrived. Standard shipping took twice as long as it should have, and the USPS number provided turned out to be FedEx. Not happy with the shipping, but I love the Kindle. I can't get over how good E-ink looks. It's like looking at a sheet of paper from a high quality print press. Beautiful! The PDF conversion is very handy also.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Congratulations! I'm glad it arrived and that you're happy with your Kindle.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
How long did it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreoporto57 View Post
My Kindle finally arrived. Standard shipping took twice as long as it should have, and the USPS number provided turned out to be FedEx.

How long did it take from shipment day to your day of arrival per the post office?

I sent back a defective K3 on Sep 8 via the post office with the Amazon bar coded label. So far as of Sep 13 it has not arrived.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle amazon shipping