Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
RagBag
RagBag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
2 readers

Hi all, this is my first post here and I hope someone can advise me.

My wife and I both have Sony PRS300 but only one computer so that if we want to add a title and the library is set to the other reader it wipes the titles from the reader and replaces them with the titles listed in the library.

Is it possible to set up some type of "play list" for each reader or any other way around this.

RagBag
RagBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I'm assuming you have sync turned on and this will probably need to be turned off.

To the best of my knowledge the Sony software does not have any type of "playlist" to help sort between your titles and your wife's titles. You will just have to remember which ebooks are yours when copying to the Reader.

An alternative is to use Calibre to manage your library. You can 'tag' each book to help with sorting and easily see which ebook is yours and which ebook is hers.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagBag View Post
My wife and I both have Sony PRS300 but only one computer so that if we want to add a title and the library is set to the other reader it wipes the titles from the reader and replaces them with the titles listed in the library.
Do you use two Sony accounts? Why not have one account they you can share ebooks also?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
RagBag
RagBag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
2 readers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I'm assuming you have sync turned on and this will probably need to be turned off.

To the best of my knowledge the Sony software does not have any type of "playlist" to help sort between your titles and your wife's titles. You will just have to remember which ebooks are yours when copying to the Reader.

An alternative is to use Calibre to manage your library. You can 'tag' each book to help with sorting and easily see which ebook is yours and which ebook is hers.
Just downloaded Calibre and that appears to be the answer to my prayers, I did try Adobe Digital Editions but that never recognised lrf files only epub and PDF.

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by RagBag; 03-23-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
RagBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You are correct that Adobe Digital Editions will only recognize EPUB and PDF files. If you ever purchase an EPUB/PDF ebook with DRM you will need to use either the Sony software or ADE to download the book. Once it is downloaded to your computer you can use Calibre to 'manage' the book.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert