Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
jostegall
jostegall began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Problems with Conversion

Is anyone else having a problem with Calibre 8.11 converting? I have never had this problem before and while I agree it is slow, I am more concerned that I cannot convert epub to mobi format.
jostegall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Different issue: Please don't hijack a thread. Use the New Thread button to start a topic. THNX
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Are you getting an error message? Or is it just not completing in a timely manner? If you're getting an error message please post it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I had this same issue going from lit to mobi, didn't get an error message or anything. It just hung up on the first file of a batch of six and freaked my computer out.
I had left it to do its think for about half an hour and came back and it was still on the first file and my computer had gotten way to hot and was all laggy for a while till it cooled down.
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRose View Post
I had this same issue going from lit to mobi, didn't get an error message or anything. It just hung up on the first file of a batch of six and freaked my computer out.
There was no error message because it was still converting the file. I went into more detail in a response to you in this thread. (posting the same thing in multiple threads.... try not to do it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRose View Post
I had left it to do its think for about half an hour and came back and it was still on the first file and my computer had gotten way to hot and was all laggy for a while till it cooled down.
Calibre can't do anything about a computer that doesn't stay cool while running a job. You might want to have someone give your machine a good cleaning or employ a platform that has cooling fans for your laptop. You might have to convert that file on a different machine.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert