Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
So Other than this problem how are you people enjoying the Kobo Touch ????
Thanks
Jar Jar
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Binks View Post
So Other than this problem how are you people enjoying the Kobo Touch ????
Thanks
Jar Jar
There's an active thread right now that answers your question:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=138455&page=5

Just so this thread stays on topic and other people with the same problem will be able to find the solution faster.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #18
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
You could try using the official format software from the SD Association. You can find it at http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #19
Toastedpine
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
You could try using the official format software from the SD Association. You can find it at http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/
I didn't know they had these. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #20
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastedpine View Post
I didn't know they had these. Thanks.
Let us know if it helps.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Toastedpine
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Let us know if it helps.
I used the full overwrite option and it worked! Huzzah!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
moffattm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastedpine View Post
I used the full overwrite option and it worked! Huzzah!
Glad I could be of help!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #23
Nalj
Nalj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I tried doing that just to see if it worked, I put all my ePubs on my external SD and threw the books of just on author in my internal. I left it overnight, etc.

Results: No detection at all of books on ePubs, BUT books on internal memory show BUT they show both the books with the title listed and the books' cover listed seperately as 'cover'. When I select the cover alone, it displays only the cover.

Weird, huh? Before this when I could get my external SD card to work I had the same problem, where the cover of the book and the actual book were listed as separate entries. I tried reconverting all my ePubs in Calibre back to ePubs multiple times and did so successfully, still the covers and books are appearing as separate entries both on my internal and external. Ideas, anyone?
Nalj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
IamARobot
Enthusiast
IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalj View Post
I tried doing that just to see if it worked, I put all my ePubs on my external SD and threw the books of just on author in my internal. I left it overnight, etc.

Results: No detection at all of books on ePubs, BUT books on internal memory show BUT they show both the books with the title listed and the books' cover listed seperately as 'cover'. When I select the cover alone, it displays only the cover.

Weird, huh? Before this when I could get my external SD card to work I had the same problem, where the cover of the book and the actual book were listed as separate entries. I tried reconverting all my ePubs in Calibre back to ePubs multiple times and did so successfully, still the covers and books are appearing as separate entries both on my internal and external. Ideas, anyone?
Are you copying the cover.jpg as well as the epub file?

In the Calibre library it keeps a cover.jpg and the epub as two files in the directory of the book. If you drag and drop the directories over to the Kobo, it will show them both, as the Kobo can display pictures. Learned this on my first attempt to copy files to an SD card.
IamARobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #25
Nalj
Nalj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
@IamARobot: Nope, transferring just the epubs. I did this by searching 'epub' file types through my Finder in my Calibre Library folder and dragging anf dropping those. Why it splits the cover from the actual book itself is a mystery to me since I'm not transferring any separate epub files!
Nalj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
IamARobot
Enthusiast
IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IamARobot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalj View Post
@IamARobot: Nope, transferring just the epubs. I did this by searching 'epub' file types through my Finder in my Calibre Library folder and dragging anf dropping those. Why it splits the cover from the actual book itself is a mystery to me since I'm not transferring any separate epub files!
Ahh, from a Mac.

Not sure how to do this on Mac, but can you show hidden files in Finder (i.e. files that start with a period)? Check the SD card for those.

The Unix command would be "ls -la", but not sure how to navigate to the Kobo SD card on a Mac as I've never used one.
IamARobot is offline   Reply With Quote