Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #166
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
And now I have FBReader and XJournal open, and the name of the XJournal file appears in the tab and I can switch in and out of XJournal. Works like it should. This is all a little strange.

Again I tried to open the newspaper reading app. Suddenly the 3G icon appeared (I was in airplane mode). But after checking in settings, airplane mode is still on.

This time opening the newspaper app also closed FBReader and Xjournal. This never happened with previous versions of DR800+

Last edited by HansTWN; 06-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #167
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The taskbar itself disappears, there is no problem with the menu. On my device (just installed your latest version) after installation the taskbar on the right is NOT visible. I will try to change the dr.ini file tomorrow and see what happens.

Then I press "toggle taskbar" in the menu and the taskbar (bottom and right) appears. But as soon as I go to home or open newspaperdirect the taskbar dissappears again. In the old version of DR800+ newpaperdirect doesn't affect the taskbar.

Newspaperdirect closes automatically when you go to another application (perhaps it needs too much memory), it has no "exit" and cannot run in the background. But in the old DR800+ it was still listed on the taskbar.

Yes, the taskbar should disappear when you open a full screen app --- but it should reappear after you leave full screen mode, right?

One more note, xjournal does not appear as a task anymore (no tab appears). When I open xjournal with the taskbar visible and press the "explorer" tab nothing happens. To leave I have to open the menu and press home. Seems like xjournal is not a "taskbar enabled" task anymore?

I just opened a book in the regular reading app in full page mode, and I also couldn't leave the book, the menu button doesn't work. So there is no way to leave full page mode or get back to home. I have to reset the device again. Reading a book in FBReader worked fine.

I will try more tomorrow and make sure to keep several apps open --- it is getting late here.
I works well here in my DR800S and on the emulator.

There are some parts on what you mention that makes me think that somehow these new toggle-taskbar stuff is incompatible with newspaperdirect application.
Could you try to reboot the device and do the same things but without starting newspaperdirect program, so run xournal, fbreader, uds and any other applications.

In originak DR800 when you "go out" from an app (pressing Desktop/HOME), the app is not closed really, it remains on memory. Clicking on that app icon again it will take it to top.

EDIT: later, reading your message #166 it looks like an incompatibility with newspaperdirect program.
Do any DR1000 owner who uses Mack's patch and newspaperdirect have similar problems?

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-24-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Iņigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #168
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just woke up and tried (after a reboot) opening a book in the regular reader, an XJournal file, and FBReader. Yes, everything seems to work fine. Apparently only the newspaper direct app is causing the problems and these persist even after closing the newspaper.

If you want to try, I can send you a newspaperdirect file for testing.

The only "unusual" thing I notice now is that sometimes the screen refreshes twice when pressing on a tab on the taskbar.

P.S.:
Could you please repost a link to download the previous version? I would prefer to use that for the moment.

Last edited by HansTWN; 06-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #169
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
If you want to try, I can send you a newspaperdirect file for testing.
I am going to write you a personal message with my email.

Quote:
Could you please repost a link to download the previous version? I would prefer to use that for the moment.
Find attached.

Regarding the problem you have, it could be produced if by chance both newspaperdirect and DR800+ use the same labels for menu entries.
Attached Files
File Type: gz dr800+-v2b.tar.gz (185.5 KB, 202 views)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #170
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I am going to write you a personal message with my email.

Find attached.

Regarding the problem you have, it could be produced if by chance both newspaperdirect and DR800+ use the same labels for menu entries.
Thanks so much -- I will send you a link to the file on rapidshare to your e-mail. I have uploaded it there since it is 20MB (and compression doesn't reduce its size at all), too big to send by e-mail.
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #171
HansTWN
Wizard

There also seems to be a slight problem with your uninstall feature. I choose option 2, then it told me to wait while the system firmware is being restored. But after waiting about 5 minutes the system did not reboot. I tried a manual reboot -- and the original firmware without DR800+ was indeed restored.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:14 AM   #172
joepsichip
joepsichip has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight & Opus White • iRex DR800SG & iLiad 2 Ed.
There are some problems with the display of the taskbar.
Setting the full-screen vision and then making it appear the taskbar, missing the lower part. Also, the content exceeds the page size occluded resulting from the taskbar. This type of setting is not stored and often causes the closing of the document.

Translate with google.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TaskBarError.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	390.7 KB
ID:	73326  
joepsichip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:20 AM   #173
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepsichip View Post
Setting the full-screen vision and then making it appear the taskbar, missing the lower part. Also, the content exceeds the page size occluded resulting from the taskbar. This type of setting is not stored and often causes the closing of the document.

Translate with google.
Thanks for the report.

What type of document are you reading? a .pdf? other?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #174
joepsichip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Thanks for the report.

What type of document are you reading? a .pdf? other?
ePub of a italian newspaper on default reader.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #175
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
[...]
Setting the full-screen vision and then making it appear the taskbar, missing the lower part. Also, the content exceeds the page size occluded resulting from the taskbar.
Showing taskbar does mean that you exit fullscreen mode so it's completely normal that bottom statusbar is not shown.

Issue: uds in fullscreen mode, then show tasbkar -> some text is cut while window remains fullscreen

Reported by joepsichip

Steps to reproduce:
1. taskbar hidden
2. pdf or epub fullscreen
3. show taskbar

Results:
- text at right is cut

Comments:
Perhaps we shouldn't make taskbar appear in front when there is an app in fullscreen.
So it will be hidden at the bottom but visible when exiting fullscreen or visiting desktop.

Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 06-25-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #176
joepsichip

The free memory displayed by the System Information does not match the one shown in SD Card Information.
The device is going often on freeze with a pdf document in which I am entering numerous bookmarks and annotations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DR800mem0001.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	73595   Click image for larger version

Name:	DR800mem0002.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	73596  
Old 07-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #177
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
The free memory displayed by the System Information does not match the one shown in SD Card Information.
But it does. The SD card is the last storage location (/media/mmcblk0p1) and has 241MB (12%) free.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 AM   #178
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
But it does. The SD card is the last storage location (/media/mmcblk0p1) and has 241MB (12%) free.
Gertjan so is there any hope about anything ?
please let us know ..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #179
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
The device is going often on freeze with a pdf document in which I am entering numerous bookmarks and annotations.
Sorry, I've been away some days due to work reasons.

Gertjan has already answered the first issue.
Regarding the second one, I'm afraid we can't solve it as pdf viewer program, UDS, is not public so we can't look at how or what it does, sorry.

Iņigo
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #180
joepsichip

Thanks, Gertjan.

I will try to increase the free space by deleting some files.

Tags
dr800+