Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #151
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I currently have seven Calibre Libraries. I have to be organized when it comes to my ebooks!
I'm still pretty much a newbie, Blossom. What criteria do you use for each Calibre library? (Sorry is this is too off-topic for this thread.)
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #152
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I'm still pretty much a newbie, Blossom. What criteria do you use for each Calibre library? (Sorry is this is too off-topic for this thread.)
I have three Genres Historical, Paranormal and Modern. Those each have their own Libraries then I have one where I put all Kindle and ADE books Free and Paid Together. (This is so I can keep track of what I've added in these two programs) I have another library just for Bought Books and another library for Free books from other stores that are DRM Free. I then have my TBR library and these are where the modified versions of the books go once I make them eReader ready. I forgot I have one more library for books Read. So I guess I am up to eight now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #153
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon has matched Nook Deal of the Day which is

Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves for $1.99. This is book two of the Playboy series. I bought it last year but haven't read it yet. I'm still trying to read through her DeMarco series.

Quote:
Accountant Heather Montgomery is a planner. So never in her wildest dreams did she think she'd run into sexy charmer Tony McCaffrey in Vegas, play lady luck, and celebrate his jackpot with a champagne-soaked night. And she certainly never expected to wake up the next morning married! How could this good girl pick a man whose fridge is empty and whose apartment is a disaster zone, yet still drives her so crazy with lust she can't see straight?

Quickly hitched and happily ditched, Tony can't wait to get back to his playboy ways. But when Heather's family is thrilled that their no-nonsense daughter is finally in love, he proposes a plan: stay married for a month to repay his good luck charm, even though she sterilizes his toothbrush and forbids anything between the sheets. But Heather is more than he bargained for--a sharp-witted, passionate woman who just might turn his near miss into wedded bliss!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #154
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
LOL. Bought both of them.

For the most part my library is organized... except for the sheer number of books!

ETA:
Quote:
I have three Genres Historical, Paranormal and Modern. Those each have their own Libraries then I have one where I put all Kindle and ADE books Free and Paid Together. (This is so I can keep track of what I've added in these two programs) I have another library just for Bought Books and another library for Free books from other stores that are DRM Free. I then have my TBR library and these are where the modified versions of the books go once I make them eReader ready. I forgot I have one more library for books Read. So I guess I am up to eight now.
I use tags in some of these instances. Anything I've converted from Amazon gets one of two tags: a 'bought' or 'free' Amazon tag. Anything from another store gets its own tag. The TBR tag got a little out of hand so it's been put on hold for a while. Especially since I ignore it and bump whatever to the top of the list!

I used to have a Read tag but have a column for that instead. Then there's the myriad of others for other reading material besides romance...

Last edited by copyrite; 08-14-2012 at 02:33 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #155
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
LOL.

ETA:

I use tags in some of these instances. Anything I've converted from Amazon gets one of two tags: a 'bought' or 'free' Amazon tag. Anything from another store gets its own tag. The TBR tag got a little out of hand so it's been put on hold for a while. Especially since I ignore it and bump whatever to the top of the list!

I used to have a Read tag but have a column for that instead. Then there's the myriad of others for other reading material besides romance...
I use tags to define what a book is about like Vampire, Regency, Harlequin...etc It helps me find things quicker in Dropbox because I can export to Dropbox by tagged named folders. It really helps me in my organization. Also in Mantano I can sort by tags. I use custom fields for other information. Multiple libraries is what works best for me or I would be lost!
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #156
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I am very similar to Blossom - with just about 11,200 books I need all the organization available. This is one of the many reasons why I absolutely love Calibre. Unlike Blossom, I only have ONE library but I can understand the need for multiples, just never had the time to do that.

My tags in Calibre:

Romance - Historical
Romance - Suspense
Romance - Contemporary

Just to name a few.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #157
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Bliss!!! I am an organizing freak (if you ask my husband, lol) and this is similar to the system I am working toward. I've only been using Calibre a few months as I was previously trying to make another organizing system do what I wanted. It just wasn't working and Calibre had such powerful tools, that I gave in. I think I was being stubborn for stubbornness' sake. (Who, ME?! No! **gasp**)

Is it fairly easy to move a book from one library to another? And to go from viewing one library to another? I'm thinking I should probably get these going before my library gets even more unwieldy.

If I could figure out how to add in purchasing info (and not in the comments section as has been suggested), I'd be one happy camper. Er, reader.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #158
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Is it fairly easy to move a book from one library to another? And to go from viewing one library to another? I'm thinking I should probably get these going before my library gets even more unwieldy.

If I could figure out how to add in purchasing info (and not in the comments section as has been suggested), I'd be one happy camper. Er, reader.
Yes it easy peasy to copy or move a book to another library. You just right click on a book and choose copy to Library and from there you can copy or move. Changing Libraries is quick too. You just on click on the book button and then click the library you want.

I put purchased info in Custom Columns. They are easy to make just right click on the column bar and choose add your own columns the rest is pretty much self explanatory.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #159
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Thanks for the info! I will check into the column thing. Thus far, I've been keeping track of purchases in Microsoft Access for the smaller ebook stores like Fictionwise and DANL. I haven't done my Amazon and B&N purchases because there isn't an easy way to import them. This is all because I really get a kick out of looking at the list price and seeing how much LESS my purchase price was.

Now to figure out my library structure. Think I'm going to play around with it on paper before I do anything in Calibre! I have a fairly good shelf/category system going on my devices, so that should help immensely.

I'm such a dork, I love organizing!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #160
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I am very similar to Blossom - with just about 11,200 books I need all the organization available. This is one of the many reasons why I absolutely love Calibre. Unlike Blossom, I only have ONE library but I can understand the need for multiples, just never had the time to do that.

My tags in Calibre:

Romance - Historical
Romance - Suspense
Romance - Contemporary

Just to name a few.
I just use 1 as well, but I just have a measly 3000 books.

My tags are identical in format to yours, using about 20 different ones. I've also added some custom columns, the first indicates from which store I acquired the book, the next shows how much I paid, so "0" indicates free and a 3rd is a sort of shelving system that helps me prioritize: Contemporary 1, Contemporary 2 (freebies), Paranormal 1, Paranormal 2, Etc, along with Other (mysteries, thrillers, etc.) and Finished.
My plan was to move stuff up from the #2 shelves to the #1 shelves as I read through them. In reality I add more to the #1 shelves then I take off. Good thing they're virtual because they'd be snapping under the weight of real books!

I honestly have no idea how anyone can manage without Calibre and I had a pretty decent Access database before I went e-books!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #161
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
These 3 are FREE:

(1) Texas Outlaw (Wild Texas Nights, Book 1) - Adrienne deWolfe

-This Book was previously published by Bantam Fanfare, and a finalist for multiple awards.

(2) Her Heart for the Asking (Book 1 - Texas Hearts) (Contemporary Western Romance Novel)- Lisa Mondello

-Author has been published by Harlequin Love Inspired, etc.

(3) The Holiday (Destination Love Stories: A London Romantic Adventure, Book 3) - Kate Perry

-Author has been published by Zebra and Forever (Grand Central Publishing/Hatchette Book Group)
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #162
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Shut Up and Kiss Me [NOOK Book] by Christie Craig is FREE!

I don't usually promote Nook books but this is my favorite author who writes comedy suspense romances. What I love is almost all her heroes are in law enforcement of some kind or was at one time. I have never been able to put down one of her books till I was finished. I just love her style! So grab this book if you can!

Woot! I found it also at Smashwords for free!

In case anybody hadn't picked it up yet...now free at Amazon US, too.

Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #163
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I think the problem for me is writing and plot right now. I think reading such strong writing like Jennifer Crusie and Evanovich that I am becoming spoiled and more picky.
I gave up on Evanovich so long ago...was it after book 12? 13? I'm so done with her.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #164
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I think I left off with #13.

I keep telling myself someday I'm gonna catch up...but there's too many other books out there to read!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #165
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
It appears that those of us who DON'T have Kindles should just assume that bargain/free touts are for Amazon unless specified differently.

Even so, it would really be appreciated by us non-Kindle folks if the touts would stipulate if they are Amazon or, on the other hand, HOPEFULLY some other source.

Last edited by petercreasey; 08-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.
petercreasey is online now   Reply With Quote