Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
July Update: jetBook Color

I just received the alert from Ectaco blog:
http://ectaco-global.blogspot.com/

The following features and functions are being added:

- Landscape mode. Now you can turn any book 90 degrees and read in a panoramic fashion
- Book downloading from Book Browser via AtomPub support
- Stylus and key click sounds (configured from Settings)
- Faster switching between menus and books
- Poweroff picture
- Key lock function
- Lithuanian and Dutch language menus added
- Other minor bug fixes

I think that Landscape mode and Key lock function will be helpful for me

Last edited by Kris777; 07-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i know a lot of people were craving landscape mode lol - should be an interesting update for sure
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
We will see
I tried wifi and performed an nmap. I found 443 and 80 opened: it's a part of atompub (because it is HTTP-based)? .... maybe not: probably they are used for something like the push services of the school version of JBC to upload the material on student's device...?
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I am definitely about the key lock and the landscape more, hopefully they make the official release soon. I'm not really familiar with atom pub but it sounds interesting, maybe i'm old fashioned just using the micro SD card.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #5
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
I remeber Atompub is an alternative to RSS: They both are used to download the news feeds from website...
Unfortunately RSS is more popular than Atompub (for example MobileRead uses RSS instead of AtomPub)
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
What's with the landscape mode? I can read books in landscape mode but I have found no way to go from one page to another. Has anybody an idea how to do it?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
What's with the landscape mode? I can read books in landscape mode but I have found no way to go from one page to another. Has anybody an idea how to do it?
Next/previous page button worked for me.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
its probably zoomed some way which doest allow for page turning until you switch to the 'normal' landscape mode zoom
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
celticgirl
Enthusiast
celticgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo SONY
Could someone please tell me how useful atom pub would be to me? I'm a college student want to read and mark up small PDF's and read for pleasure. I don't get the atom pub thing.
celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I just received a tweet from ectaco, they have a new video. It talks about some of the firmware updates on the item although i wish they would go into more detail on atom pub.

Thank god for the erase feature, trying to erase annotations made me want to pull my hair out.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
oldchum62
oldchum62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I have some questions regarding the jetbook color and the July update. It seems like
an excellent device but if anybody could help me with answering any of these I would be grateful.

1. Does the landscape viewing mode now work with all pdfs?
2. Do I have to zoom out before I turn the page?
3. Can you increase the size of a page by changing the percentage
size of the whole page, rather than changing the font of the text?
4. How many languages does the device come with in terms of language
learning (not the 180 language dictionary)?
5. How many languages (in terms of language learning) can the device
support simultaneously?
6. How much does it cost to add a language (language learning) to the
device, or two or more languages?
7. Does the device come pre-installed with the latest updates or
will I have to download them myself?
8. I know the device has annotation software. Can I use it as a notebook where I write lots of notes and it will convert my handwritten notes to a .txt or other format?

Thank you for your help.
oldchum62 is offline   Reply With Quote