Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Lorhub
Lorhub began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Keyboard trouble with pocket edge

First of all, this forum has been a wealth of information for myself and my new pocket edge. I now have the ermine update and have been using my edge without any difficulty until today. When I use the keyboard, it's super sensitive and wants to use the key before it (ie instead of backspace, it will insert a "p" ) I'm hoping this is an easy fix and one of you will be able to help me figure out what's going on. Thanks!
Lorhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhub View Post
First of all, this forum has been a wealth of information for myself and my new pocket edge. I now have the ermine update and have been using my edge without any difficulty until today. When I use the keyboard, it's super sensitive and wants to use the key before it (ie instead of backspace, it will insert a "p" ) I'm hoping this is an easy fix and one of you will be able to help me figure out what's going on. Thanks!
Have you tried an alternate keyboard? Here are a couple you can try:

The Hacker's Keyboard is pretty nice because it is larger than the default Android keyboard.
http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/

The Gingerbread Keyboard is the Android Keyboard that comes with Gingerbread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=875202

You have to Enable the Keyboard in Settings - Language & Keyboard.

Long press an open text box and select Input Method and the Keyboard.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Also, try recalibating your tablet touchscreen.

Settings -> display -> tablet screen calibrator
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Also, try recalibating your tablet touchscreen.

Settings -> display -> tablet screen calibrator

Excellent point.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Lorhub
Lorhub began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
The calibration fixed it! You made my day. Thanks to you both for your quick response and the detailed instruction on "how to" calibrate.
Lorhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert