Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
reaver121
reaver121 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad irex reader, book edition
Question [Solved] ids down ?

I bought an Irex Iliad book edition last week. I immediately connected to IDS (through LAN, the book edition doesn't have Wifi) and updated without a problem.

An hour ago I requested the developer package and tried to download it through IDS but this time I got an error message : "Connection to the server can not be established correctly.

Things I tried/checked :
  1. confirmed that my router gives an IP adress to my iliad through DHCP
  2. tried other ethernet cable.
  3. added a rule in my router that allows inbound connections from the IDS website ids.irexnet.com (this shouldn't be needed I think but just to be sure)
  4. surfed directly with firefox to https://ids.irexnet.com to check if the server was alive. It says "Test1" so I think that the server is at least up and running.
  5. according to another thread if you connect with a wrong username/password you get another error message. I tried connecting on purpose with a wrong username/password to see if I would get this message. Unfortunately, I still got my orginal errormessage.

All this seems to indicate that possibly IDS is down. Could someone connect with his own Iliaid to see if this is the case ? If not, that means I have a problem and in that case help is welcome.

EDIT : Solved. For some reason, a router reboot solved it. I have no idea why but if someone ever has the same problem, try it.

Last edited by reaver121; 01-16-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: solved problem
reaver121 is offline   Reply With Quote