Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Murre
Connoisseur
Murre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five words

Device: Nook
PRS-T1 - microSD/borrowing books from library?

Looking to buy PRS-T1 for myself and my brother.

Read a review that was pretty hard on the device.
Two questions:
1. Can you use a microSD exactly like the internal memory? That is, you read the books directly from the SD.
2. How easy is it borrowing books directly from a library? Does it take something special from the library to be able to borrow directly to the device?

Thanks in advance
Murre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
heathmocha
heathmocha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony Reader PRS-T1, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
I'll let someone else answer the first question, but regarding borrowing library books, the only thing you need is your library card. At this point, I think it only works with Overdrive ebooks, so if your library uses Overdrive for ebooks, you can download them directly onto the Reader through wi-fi.

The only other *possible* requirement that I can think of, is an Adobe Digital Editions account; I think you'd have to authorize your PRS-T1 to that account.

The T1 is my first dedicated e-reader, and I love love love it. :-)
heathmocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Murre
Connoisseur
Murre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five wordsMurre can name that ebook in five words

The libraries here in Sweden doesn't seem to be on the Overdrive webpage, does this mean it won't work?
They are in ePub format though.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Yes, the books on the SD card show up in the library alongside all the other books. They read the same. Total integration.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
The libraries here in Sweden doesn't seem to be on the Overdrive webpage, does this mean it won't work?
try to ask your library how it works or look at their website
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Murre
Connoisseur

Does it take microSDHC or only microSD?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
They are both the same physical size. The difference is the capacity.
SD is for 2Gb or less and SDHC for capacities between 4Gb and 32Gb.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
It reads fine epub's from SD but I can't make it read mobi's on kindle app. I have rooted sony prs t1, though it reads fine from phone's memory. I tried to copy kindle folder from phone's directory to SD but no result
Help appreciated!
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have a SanDisk 8GB microSDHC card installed in my T1. I recommend Staples. They always have great sales on memory compared to OfficeMax. I bought it on sale for $15, normally $30. According to their website, it's on sale for that price this week.

Books on the SD card work just like main memory. FYI - You cannot mix and match books on the internal main memory and the SD into collections. You have to put books on the SD card into collections on the SD card and books on the main memory into collections on the main memory. Also, there is a weird bug in the firmware that doesn't show bookmarks in the notes list for books on SD.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #10
gentleice
gentleice began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1, iPad (destroyer of eyes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murre View Post
Have you checked the Wiki page on lending libraries? I believe Sweden is one of the listed countries.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

If the Swedish libraries are not on Overdrive, you might still be able to use the T1's browser to access their collections and borrow books.

I wonder which reviews you read that came down hard on the T1 . I came across a few such reviews, but I'm glad I paid them no need. I'm pleased as punch with this reader.
gentleice is offline   Reply With Quote