Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #1021
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Anyone who has been around over 7 years can post wherever they want to.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #1022
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Close.
But close only counts in horseshoes, nuclear weapons and Windows.

- - - -

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88&postcount=1
The second attachment.

Which is a *.zip archive.

Open the archive and inside find files with names like:
Update_jailbreak_0.12.N_dxg_install.bin
Update_jailbreak_0.12.N_dxg_uninstall.bin

Put **Only One** Update_*.bin file on the device at a time.

Also _dx_ and _dxi_ filenames.

Got it!

Here goes!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #1023
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Dr. Drib: Yup, that's the one. Keep the comments about the 2.x JailBreak in mind, and don't be alarmed when the installation appears to fail . Keep track of the bottom left corner of the screen to confirm that it went as expected and laid out in the install instructions .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #1024
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Dr. Drib: Yup, that's the one. Keep the comments about the 2.x JailBreak in mind, and don't be alarmed when the installation appears to fail . Keep track of the bottom left corner of the screen to confirm that it went as expected and laid out in the install instructions .

Well......

I put this one file

Update_jailbreak_0.12.N_dx_install.bin

in the root directory of the Kindle DX-G, then went to Settings and I see nothing.

I know it must be obvious, but I can't seem to find anything that allow me to update.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #1025
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Dr. Drib: If your profile card is accurate, that's the wrong file, nearly there, but a single character off . (dxg, not dx ).
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #1026
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@Dr. Drib: If your profile card is accurate, that's the wrong file, nearly there, but a single character off . (dxg, not dx ).

I own the graphite (DX-G).

I'm certain that was the one I put on. ---- ADDED: I see that I left off the 'G' while typing. But I'll check again.

I'll try it again, though. (Right now, my battery's low.)

I bought this used about one year ago and have a few problems with it, unfortunately - such as screen blothching/fading while in the sun, so the reader's life is somewhat limited anyway, I fear.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #1027
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

"The Update was not successful. Your Kindle is restarting."

I know for certain I got the DX-G file, this time

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-30-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #1028
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
OK, apparently the fail notice is normal.

Now I'll try some of the PDF readers.

Here goes, again!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #1029
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'm reporting 'Failure' each time I press space space I.

I've done this repeatedly, so it's not that I'm doing it too slow.

I need to undo everything I put on and then start fresh. I'm willing to do this without any complaint whatsoever.

If someone will just walk me through the undo process so that I can start anew, please.

To the best of my knowledge, I have this on my Kindle DX-G:

1) Jailbreak
2) Launcher
3) this zip: kindlepdfviewer-v2013.1

Thanks to one and all!

ADDED
: By the way, I noticed yesterday when I did all this, that the zip contains Kindlepdfviewer, kite, as well as launchpad. Should that be correct? It's this zip that will not open, from which the 'failure' is reporting.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-31-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #1030
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oookay, let's try this another way [I've never used launchpad or kite, so I can't tell you much about those].

You'll need:

* MKK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233932
* KUAL: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326
* The latest KPV snapshot (https://code.google.com/p/kindlepdfv...downloads/list)

Install MKK, KUAL, and unzip the kpv snapshot at the root of your device.
Launch KUAL, and you should hopefully have a KPDF entry in there to launch it.

----

I you want to clean up what you did before, you'll probably just have to uninstall launchpad .
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #1031
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

That worked.

It appears as if the problem on the other installation (following the instructions posted) is that the KindlePFFviewer was not supposed to be unzipped.

Your instructions, however, mentioned that the zip folder SHOULD be unzipped.
When I did this, it worked.

Do you think that was the problem with the other installation?

--- A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE WHO HELPED ME!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #1032
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Dr. Drib: I vaguely remember that there was a launchpad/kite keystroke that supposedly handled the unzipping/'installation' process, but take that with a grain of salt, I've never used those launchers .

That's not the case when using KUAL, especially for a fresh install. (I mention that because the latest KOReader KUAL extension *does* have an update/install button, but that doesn't apply to fresh installs anyway ).
Old 08-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #1033
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
hawhill
Last time I was around in MR, KPV had way more features than KOReader. Now, it's the other way. I was wondering if you and the team can merge the two. I am aware of the fundamental difference that exist between touch based models and keyboard models, but still there are some features now in KOReader that make one salivate!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #1034
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Oookay, let's try this another way [I've never used launchpad or kite, so I can't tell you much about those].

You'll need:

* MKK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233932
* KUAL: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326
* The latest KPV snapshot (https://code.google.com/p/kindlepdfv...downloads/list)

Install MKK, KUAL, and unzip the kpv snapshot at the root of your device.
Launch KUAL, and you should hopefully have a KPDF entry in there to launch it.

----

I you want to clean up what you did before, you'll probably just have to uninstall launchpad .

I've installed every step as your instruction va put KUAL 1.0 azw2 into document but my Kindle DXG (fw 3.2.1 jailbroken) did not show the KUAL 1.0 on the list. How to solve this? Thanks a lot!
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #1035
NiLuJe
BLAM!

FW 3.x on a DX is probably unsupported. Or something.