Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
vbdasc
vbdasc began at the beginning.

Device: none
"Save single format to disk" trouble

For some reason, the "Save single format to disk" feature doesn't work for me. It shows the popup menu with all the output formats, I select the desired format, and the output directory after that, and... that's all. The output directory remains empty. I tried all the formats, but never managed to get it to work. Anyone else with the same problem?

Calibre 0.7.31, Windows XP SP3 32bit.
vbdasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdasc View Post
For some reason, the "Save single format to disk" feature doesn't work for me. It shows the popup menu with all the output formats, I select the desired format, and the output directory after that, and... that's all. The output directory remains empty. I tried all the formats, but never managed to get it to work. Anyone else with the same problem?

I think that feature expects the format to exist in your library for the selected title. (there should have been an error message (format un-available If you need a format, other than the ones present, convert first, then send it.)

Also, Your Save to Disk Template still prevails. I think you are really specifying the root of the save path.

Save to a Single folder if you want an override the Template.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdasc View Post

I am using the same setup you are. You have to pick a format you already have for the selected book. If I chose a format I don't have it goes through the motions, even popping up a save to disk progress bar, but not is written and no errors pop up saying the format requested doesn't exist.

However if I choose a format which exists for my selected book the format is written per the Save to Disk template. In my case a sub-directory of the directory I chose with the Author's Last name, First name is created and the epub file written in that directory.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote