Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobosetup and vista

Hi,

I have bought a kobo touch for my brother's birthday and he has a problem. He is unable to install kobosetup, he always got an error message like NSIS installer failed loading.

He called kobo and they told him they are aware of this and will release an updated version soon.

Any news about this? And while we wait, any workaround?

Thanks
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
If you have a Linux box (or know someone who does, or you could use a live disk) you can get it working without going through the kobo desktop SW/website.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

No he has not if we were in the same town I would have used my computer to activate his kobo
Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
He could also use Calibre (fantastic SW) when plugged in via USB to get books onto the device.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

Does not work. I mean, books are on his kobo, I have put them there with Calibre myself, but without initializing the kobo for the first time, the books are not viewable. I do not see them in the library...
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

You should hack the database: edit the .Kobo/KoboReader.sqlite database: write anything into the "user" table, first record, first four fields. You can use this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

Are you fool? I will not hack anything